Anyone who did Post natal Ayurvedic treatment in Kerala?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Rashmiii, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rashmiii

Rashmiii New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to IL. Ever since I came to know I am pregnant, I was looking for a forum to talk to the experienced! I am due in Sept 2013. Since I am currently in Australia, I am planning to come to Kerala for delivery if Post natal care is effective. So ladies, anyone who went through post natal ayurvedic treatment at home in Kerala, please respond. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rashmi :)

2. Rashmiii

Rashmiii New IL'ite

Hmm... Looks like no one did that... Atleast is there someone who did 'Prasava raskha' At home in kerala style after delivery? I have no idea what needs to be done for postnatal care and still confused whether i should go home for that.
    Thanks.

3. Srknr

Srknr New IL'ite

Hi Rashmi
    I am basically from kerala. My sister did prasavaraksha in kerala, not me....
    Mainly that include the bath and marunnu... you can buy that marunnu from kottaikkal aryavaidyasala... Now a days that comes in the form of powder also.... For bath they use boiling water with some ayurvedic stuff ( i didnt remember the names)

4. Rashmiii

Rashmiii New IL'ite

Thanks SRKNR, I think I will consult the Kottakkal centres for mine :)

5. 3ds

3ds Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations. I did my post natal care/ prasava rasha in Kerala last October. My mother bought ayurvedic medicines( jeerakarishtam and dashamoolaristam) from kottakal aryavaidyasala. My aunt asked me to have the kurinji kuzhambu lehyam to have milk. These were taken for 3 months. In that time we hired a person to bathe me( the person also bathe the child but in my case my mother bathed my baby). We hired a maid from agency called seva( there are many other private agencies) particularly for prasava rasha( as they will charge more). The water, the maid used to bathe me was boiled with ramachan, puli , puli ela, pera ela etc( don't remember other names ...heard that can be bought from market as prasava rasha kootu). During bath semi boiled water was poured over me after having the manjal with kadala mavu paste and washing away all that with ramacham root. These combined with proper rest and healthy diet will help a pregnant person to recover from delivery. My sister is having her child outside India but she isn't coming to Kerala.Her in-laws will be buying the ayurvedic medicines and taking them to her place. I didn't take proper rest and had back pain. So do take rest and let others help you.

6. 3ds

3ds Bronze IL'ite

Totally forgot that I applied Dhanwanthram kozhambu before taking the bath. Also had Dhanvanthram tablets before breakfast and after lunch. I also had small onion ghee rice( as I am a vegeterian). Had galic milk before going to bed. Drank and still drinking lots of water. Good luck with your delivery.

7. Rashmiii

Rashmiii New IL'ite

Hi 3ds,

Thanks a lot for your very informative reply. I was looking for real life experiences from IL rather than gathering info through google. Your reply is very much appreciated. As I am not going to India for my delivery, I will ask my Mother in law to get the required stuff here.

Note: sorry if this reply doubles up; i could not find my earlier reply so posted again...

Thanks again.
    Rashmi

8. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

My mother had brought an entire post-natal-care package from Kottakal Aryavaidyashala when I had my son (I was not in India). If I remember correctly, then there were some tablets, as well as several kashayams/tonics, and bathing oils. I didn't use any ayurvedic formulations on the baby till he was about 6 months old, when I used nalpamaradi oil for massage before he had a bath.

The Kottakal in Delhi that my mom consulted packed everything really well and she just brought the box as is when she came here before my delivery.

Good luck with your pregnancy and delivery!

9. Rashmiii

Rashmiii New IL'ite

Thanks chitmin. If kottakkal has such a package, i will ask for that too.. The packaging in a box idea is really good to take abroad.

10. Siyan

Siyan New IL'ite

Better Consult Dr.Deepa.M.R.

Deepanjali Wellness and Retreat

Kunjalukkal Kundoli Kadauv Road
    Chazhoor, Thrissur
    Kerala