1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone taking D3 60,000I.U granules?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by kiran82, Feb 22, 2013.

1. kiran82

kiran82 Silver IL'ite

I have been advised by my doctor to take Cholecalciferol Granules 60,000I.U -one sachet mixed in milk or water,once a week. He also mentioned something about the time of taking it-like 2hours after breakfast-I did not hear this point correctly-can anyone clarify this for me?

Regards,
    Kiran82

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi kiran82,

When you have doubt about medicine and its dosage you should feel free to contact your doctor. No harm in asking it again to clear your doubts. Dosage differs as per your body requirement. I tried to get some info on this and what I hit upon is a general info.

Hope this link helps you

CALCIROL GRANULES - Dosage, online Dosage information, free Dosage information,a to z Dosage information,Dosage information with cure, Dosage guidelines. "

Never hesitate to call your doctor to get any doubts cleared. If you don't have doctor's number, you can always contact the clinic or hospital where you consulted him and get his number or your doubts cleared.

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

I came here since a fortnight you have been awarding likes to my posts.
    Here as per your post you were prescribed and you had not heard the dosage. What happened later? I presume you contacted your doctor who prescribed it for you. If so pl post here what was the response from your physician.
    Regards.
    God continued to Bless your engineer sons & their family and you .

4. kiran82

kiran82 Silver IL'ite

Thank you sir,
    I posted this quite a while ago. I had taken the sachets once a week for 6 weeks. I needed to repeat the D3 a few years ago- this time they come as soft gels, easier to take.
    I was not able to log into indusladies for a very long time as I had forgotten my password and each time there was a message, unable to connect. Atlast recently I could do so and I was very happy.
    Good to read the posts of members I was previously following and also the newer ones.
    With regards,
    Kiran82

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thanks for the update.
    After completion of 6 weeks dosage, do you see any perceptible progress that you are impressed with the D3 dosage. Regards.

6. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Physcians prescription usually for a fixed period and if purpose not achieved with in a fixed period it is necessary to visit the physician for further course of action.
    Even nectar can turn into poison if it is taken in excess.
    With spouse i went to our family doctor for a check up. After examining me visually and with instruments and studying my blood urine culture report,
    Dr Suresh, MD aged around 40+ said, “ he is alright . Continue to give him milk for better calcium absorption provide more green vegetables and celery and varieties of fruits.” My spouse requested him to prescribe multi vitamins. He simply told her “ continue supply him fresh cooked food & warm milk. No multi vitamins required” .

Then she politely requested him to prescribe vitamin D for me. He said curtly
    “ no . Just go with him to the terrace in the morning and expose to sunshine for ten to twenty minutes. That is sufficient. This season is hot and you are not in polar region or in a city where sunshine is scarce.”
    Seldom one come across such wonderful doctors.