1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. mani22

mani22 Silver IL'ite

Hi hema,

I am having bleeding gums while brushing my teeth.. plz suggest some remedy for this..thanks in advance

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

You must have lost some enamel there.. That cannot be replaced but the good news is you can prevent further loss. What you need to do is visit a dentist soon. Loss of enamel at the edges could mean that your lower front teeth could be troubling the upper. Either by some kind of grinding teeth at night or it could be placed more closer below the upper tooth than it should be..OR it could be some a small decay behind or to the side of the tooth that's not visible to you from the front. Whatever it maybe this can be rectified.

If it is nothing at all as i mentioned then it could simply be some wrong brushing or some trauma sometime. Your dentist would prescribe an anti sensitivity tooth paste and that could solve the issue.

Take care.

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

You need to make an appointment with a Dentist as soon as possible. The bleeding is because of tartar in your teeth that's not getting cleaned by normal brushing. Everyone of us regardless of how well we try to maintain good oral health or we are pain free need to visit the dentist once in 6 months for a professional cleaning. So, get a scaling ( cleaning ) done once at a dental office and from there on maintain your teeth. Again, regardless of how clean you feel your teeth could be, you need to visit the dentist again after 6 months.

Take care

4. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Dr. Preethi for your reply

5. vanna

vanna Gold IL'ite

I want my teeth to be shining white, i read that using sodium bicarbonate (Soda/baking powder) when mixed with lemon juice can be applied on teeth twice in a week to make teeth whiter, is it true? i did not use this though, kindly advice cos am afraid, NaHCO3 may cause mouth blister kinda problem.
    Kindly advice on this or any other method to get white teeth...

Thanks in advance

VaNNa

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I wouldn't advice that.. Using sodium carbonate and lemon will erode your teeth and wear out enamel to cause sensitivity.

You could instead visit a Dentist and get a professional whitening done. There, they would use calculated amount of bleaching agent and whiten your teeth. It will be good for a few months to years. Do not go by anything called permanent..there is nothing that comes forever :)

Whatever maybe the treatment, I would suggest you to not think that ' super shiny white teeth ' is the best looking ones. The shade of your teeth need to match the complexion on your face. Anything that is in contrast to your complexion will spoil the beautiful smile you now have.

Take care

1 person likes this.
  7. mani22

mani22 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot preethi for all your suggestions...will soon vidit a dentist reg this...tc

8. vanna

vanna Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot preethi, i`ll take your valuable suggestion and visit professional for getting my teeth its original looks.....Thanks!

9. TerrieDaw

TerrieDaw Senior IL'ite

Hi there, I do have a problem with my teeth; they are not properly set into my jaw. I need to know why it happened. My dentist advice me to braces but didn't answered my question. It would be highly appreciable if you answer my question.

Oops one more what is the right time duration for scaling your teeth? Thanks!!

10. seesri

seesri New IL'ite

Hi Hema,
    First of all thanks for ur effort..
    My problem is my kid is 4yrs old..
    He has baby bottle tooth decay..
    We consulted a doctor in chennai before coming to Germany for a project..
    He told dat every tooth of my kid will melt and he wont get dis problem to the new teeth by the age of 6or 7..
    He cant be able to sit for any treatment and he told that he vl gradually get the good teeth by 7age..
    Now my kid is 4.5yrs almost upper teeth middle 4 gone..
    But he regularly brushes his teeth every day and night ,not eating choc..
    Not saying any pain so very are also hoping dat he vl get good one by 7..
    He daily prays the god for his new teeth..
    Do v want to do treatment or anything?
    Need advice...