1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Thank you Preethi,

Will update after consulting the dentist. Thank you once again.

2. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

I scheduled an appointment for wisdom teeth extraction tomorrow. Is it compulsory to take sleep medication while extraction?. Is LA sufficient?. Doctor told me lower right teeth will take time (partially impacted). So what do you suggest?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Sheshin ,

Taking sedation depends on your pain threshold and also on the time taken by the Dentist to pull off the tooth. If the Dentist feels, it is going to take a while and insists you to go through sedation you should.. since additional doses of LA can be avoided..

However, if you have a gut feeling that you can withstand the pressure then, you dont have to go for sedation.. In India, we give 1-2 doses of LA and not more than that.. Somehow most of the tooth have jumped out within that.. :)

4. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Thank you Preethi for your reply.

Doc asked me while examining regarding sedation but I told LA is fine with me :crazy. But now I am bit scared as hubby can not stay with me at the hospital as he has important work.
    So now planning to go for sedation. Will update you after surgery. Thank you so much for your help.

5. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

Hello Doctor,:coffee

I had asked your advice sometime in Feb-March for wisdom tooth removal.I finally got one out in the lower right side jaw line which had gone off track hurting my mouth.Its about 10days now feeling fine and hopping all foods to chew on.The stitches are off and mouth gargling with a antibacterial solution and salt is on/water combination.

I now face a problem.My mouth refuses to stretch beyond 2 fingers vertical.My Dr.said its fine and with exercise i should relax the jaw line.From 13 icecream sticks i have progressed to 17 today,since saturday.Am i in right track?To eat a banana is a challenge still i maintain the regime to stress.It hurts......

Whats the course now?I am looking much better after the removal as my face had broadened.The Doctor is too nice and freindly,no complaints,still seeking a alternate remedy.Please Help me out.

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Jayashree ,

It is just 10 days and you have few more days to go to be able to open your mouth the way you could earlier.. This is called restricted opening.
    Just keep the exercise going and you must be fine. Dont worry. If you are able to fit all the three fingers pointed inwards , you are back to square one ! :thumbsup

But never over strain, just relax and things will get back to normalcy soon.

7. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

Goodmorning Dr.Preethi,

I was waiting for your reply.....Thanks a million for the assurance,I am exercising as i am typing to you.Ok will not strain .....maybe i was overreacting.Can i wait for the minimum mouth opening before the top right wisdom is removed?

I have a impacted tooth in my lower LEFT jaw line.The x-ray shows a clear sleeping tooth!{CUTE}It has not given me any problems so far and i studied this tooth type in the web.Dr.says it can wait as long as its in slumber.Do i have a challenging Dental set up?

8. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Hello Dr.Preethi,

I got the extraction last Friday and has been on liquid diet and taking two or three bread slices with milk. But this time i'm ok as i have been taking plenty of liquids and soup. Still feeling difficulty in opening the jaw but i'm happy that it's way better than anticipated. How many days i need to wait to chew because the extractions are on both the sides. Thank you so much for your timely help.

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Shesh,

Since it is on both sides, it could take a little more than 2 weeks. You can start to eat idli and soft diet since it is already a week tommorrow. Just avoid, hot, hard and spicy food. You can have plenty of icecream :)

The hot food will cause inflammation, to activate and regress healing, the hard will ache your mouth and may cause damage to the tissues healing and the spicy will irritate your tissues which will again delay healing. So, anything other than this can be consumed from tommorrow. Also, makes sure you swish your mouth WELL after ANY meal. I dont say gargle, just swish ! Dont strain your facial muscles much. You could use a mouth wash and rinse after every meal. The more you keep the area of extraction clean, the quicker the healing.

Take care.. Get well soon !

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  10. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Hello Dr.Preethi,

Thank you so much. I'll follow your instructions.