Anyone here from the usa

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Sharjah' started by perveen, May 29, 2009.

1. perveen

perveen New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone on this forum who has relocated from the United States to Sharjah. If so, i would love to talk to you about your experience. If you have children, how did your children fare with the move. My husband has been there since the begining of this year and thus far his perception about Sharjah is a little negative. He has told me to keep myself mentally prepared as it is very heavily congested with traffic, extremely hot, and that people are tense, unfriendly and at times rude. After speaking to him, i am very hesitant to leave my life in the US behind as we have a good family, community and support system here. I am even more concerned about my children and how they will adjust. Our main reason for the move was to have the children experience living in a different country, different lifestlye, etc... Please tell me that my husband is wrong and life is not as dismal as he portrays it to be. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Regards,
    Perveen

2. samata

samata New IL'ite

hi perveen

Sorry for replying late .... i was on vacation in india

Yes ... i was in USA for few years ... i too find sharjah different ... though i would not call it boring .... it gives you a negative impact when you see it first ... especially if u see it in summer months when it is too hot everywhere .... but it is quite happening place... some of the good things that i observed are
    1 driving is similar to USA ...so in case u have driving license u can get it converted to uae driving license more easily ... of course u need to give tests ...but waiting time would be lesser .... driving is bit tiresome in traffic in dubai ...especially if in USA u have stayed in country side and do not have driving experience in metro
    2 u find lot of indians and even though initially find them rude ...not because they are rude ...but generally from safety prospective ... i guess it is similar in US too ... u need to be patient and find a group with similar interest ... then u will have more fun than usa as groups and choices are more
    3 dubai is very happening city .... let the summer months pass .... u will enjoy the weather and activities around
    4 you can get good education for your children ... they have reputed boards which r recogized throughtout world
    5 if you find good apartment .... the living style ...along with aminities would be comparable with USA
    6 u can find a good housemaid something u might not easily get in USA and good eating outlets
    7 u can stay in lifestyle like USA and still grow children in asian culture which will be helpful for them too ...