1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone from Mount Laurel New jersey....!

Discussion in 'Indians in Cherry Hill' started by vaidehi, Jun 19, 2008.

1. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Are there any IL's from Mount Laurel , new jersey...? Just wanted to know more details abt the place... and how far is it from New jersey...(down town)?

I would also like to know abt the Apts and school district in and around that area..

cheers
    vaidehi

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008

2. starshine

starshine New IL'ite

I used to live in Maple Shade, a neighboring township to Mount Laurel. It is a decent town with a good school district and relatively low crime. It is very close to Philadelphia, but the only down side is traffic. On weekdays the traffic is bad on Rt73/70, but other than that it is a very nice township. You can also find decent apartments around too.

Also, I am sure what do you mean by the "City of New Jersey". As far as I know, there is no such place called the City of New Jersey.

Hope this helps !

3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Starshine,

Thanks for the info, Can u breif me more abt the apts .... how much it cost for a 2 bedroom Apt in that area. i am yet to learn driving .... so is it very difficult for begginers there ...since u mentioned the Traffice to be heavy!

Hows the weather in that place...? i m mentally prepared for a very harsh Winter...,but still curious to know more

vaidehi

4. starshine

starshine New IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

2 bedroom apartments will be around $1200 + in the surrounding areas.

Well, with respect to the driving it depends whether your work place is in the city or not. Near the city it gets a lot busier.It will take some effort from your end to get adjusted with the busy traffic though.

Weather out here is nothing but the usual east coast weather. You will get to see all the four seasons of the year :) Winter is lil hard.It took me sometime to get adjusted to the winter out here as we don't see such an extreme winter season in India.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  5. chlpavani

chlpavani New IL'ite

hi vaidehi,
    where are you living now. I live in Maple Shade,nj Just wanted to make friends.

Thanks,
    Pavani

6. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi

I am also from Maplshade, i live in Park crossing Apt. Where are u from in Mapleshade.?

I have 1 kid and currently looking for a Preschool for him, What abt u..?
    Keep in touch....

Bye
    vaidehi

7. chlpavani

chlpavani New IL'ite

Hi vaidehi,
    I live in pick wick aprtments,maple shade,nj.I am looking for a day care fro my son.which part are you from in India?

keep in touch pavani

8. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Pavani.

I am From Tamilnadu,(we are tamilians) . What abt u? Are u Working ?

Sure will be in touch , At present i am also looking out for an Preschool for my son. How long u r in Mapleshade.

Cheers
    vaidehi

9. chlpavani

chlpavani New IL'ite

hi vaidehi,

I am working. we are living in Maple Shade for 1.5 years previously we used to live in marlton,nj which is near.We are from Andhra.

Thanks,
    pavani

10. jsp426

jsp426 New IL'ite

Hello,

I am new to NJ. Currently we are in the process of looking for an apartment in Southern NJ. We visited park crossing in maple shade and hunters chase in marlton. Does anyone have any idea as to how these communities are? Please advice. Any help would be of great use as we are new to the area.

I am from Palakkad in Kerala

JSP426.