1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

anyone from Boston area

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by bsnashua, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Dear Ajitha, Madhavi and Jayasri !!

Welcome to IL !!! :thumbsup

The sad thing, is not everyone logs back after saying a HI, I am from this part of MA !!

You know the effort to be friends need to come from the other person as well.. We ( Suma, Vanitha, VIjaya, Aparna, and so many more ) constantly interact often here in IL.. We have met too ! But the problem is not everyone comes forward more than HI ! :(

I always urge members to interact more so that they are so frequent and become a junior ILite soon to meet up sooner ;) !

Anyways.. Glad to hear from you Jayasri ! WHat is your daughter's name ? :) Since how long have you been in US ?

2. purplebird

purplebird New IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

Thanks for the welcome. Nice to know you through here. My daughter's name is Janani and she is 18 months old. I have been in the US for 5 years now. Was in Detroit for a couple of years and then moved here because husband works in boston now.
    What do youdo? BTW how many posts are needed to be a junior iLite?
    I had asked a question in other thread - I am posting it here too : do any of you keep golu? Is there any place in Boston where I can get dolls? Have you tried any of the websites that sell dolls? Are they prompt in their shipping? Thanks for all your help.

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Jaisri,

I am a stay at home wife.. But a Dentist by proffession. :) I would be giving my Board exams next year to start working in Mass.
    I have been here since two years.. from the time I got married !

You need to complete 50 posts to become a junior ILite / enable PM facility / entitle to Meet ups !

DOnt worry the more actively you participate in various forums, the quicker you reach there !

I have replied about the dolls query in the other thread. I havent actually been to anyone's house who celebrate the festival ! I wonder why no one has called me, or wether I have friends who celebrate the festival dispalying dolls !!! :bonk Need to check !

I guess, our Suma will be able to help you with her search ! Oh she is one mobile- google ! :) I rely on her sometimes !

4. SunithaSomnath

SunithaSomnath New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am Sunitha, I have been in boston for 10 months(less than year :)),i am glad today that i got interested yesterday in IL though i joined a year ago.
    Looking forward to interact with you all constantly.

have a nice day
    bye

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hey Sunitha ,

Welcome to IL.. Trust me, you will never get bored with IL around.. :)

Be as active as possible !! :) What do you do ? Which part of MA do you live in ? I know you must be loving this place.. first time you getting to see fall right.. :) I am sure.. you must be loving the colours ! :)

6. SunithaSomnath

Hi preethi,

Nice to hear from you ,I am from Brighton,MA and i was a software engineer Computer Typing in chennai and now home maker :hiya trying new receipes and enjoying it :tongue. yes this is the first time i am to see fall and sure i will love it :thumbsup.

7. mom2vivi

mom2vivi New IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,
    Welcome to IL. Brighton is very close to the place I live. You can visit the thread "Anyone from Woburn-Burlington" and you will find many more IL's from Boston. Enjoy the fall colors!!!:)

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hey Suni,

Nice to see your reply back.. Fall colours will be enigmatic ! Then, comes winter ! Fun part.. Since it is your first winter too, I cant wait to hear your shivered excitement !! :)

Nice to know you going well with cooking.. I love cooking ! :)

9. SunithaSomnath

Hi preethi,

Actually this is my second winter as i came to boston last december.It was snow storm when i stepped in to boston.I still remember the days as i would sit near window and watch the snow fall with cup of coffee whole day along.So this is my official fall to enjoy.

Cooking have been my interest from my college days.I am excited to try receipes posted in IL as there are lots and lots.

10. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Oh alright.. So, it is just about fall then.. Are you planning to go to NH.. Saw on the official website of NH that the fal weekend is 2nd week of Oct... I mean the white mountains.. Friends were suggesting we go for the train ride.. Last time we went all over NH except train ride in WM.. :bonk
    Since we didnt have time.. So, this time maybe the 2nd weekend of Oct.. we may go to WM and the long weekend to Catskill ( not decided though ) !! :)