1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

anyone from Boston area

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by bsnashua, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi preethi,

I am back again to trouble you :hide:

This is his office address

500 Boylston Street, Boston

He has identified that a Green Line is very close to his office..So he wants to commute through it..

Suggest me few residential areas were indians are there and rent is moderate too..An apartment to suit a bachelor nothing hi-fi and all...he has posted in few forums for finding apartment in sharing basis too but didn't get a good response..if you suggest some locality he could post his query in the proper section..

He expects a place to be reached in 1/2 or something..As he migth return late from office, he avoids a long travel to reach home..Such a lazy butt..Sir should wake up, refresh,walk to the station and reach in 30 mins..this is what he is expecting :rant:rant

Are there any chances for this?

let me know when you find time..Sorry for pestering you :hide:

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Cindhu,

Not musch aware of the place you mentioned expect that it is closer to DOwntown.. which simply in one line means, EXPENSIVE APPARTMENTS !! :)

Areas around the office are Cambridge , Dorchester etc.. which are quite expensive.

He wouldnt get any cheaper places or with Indian groceries around atleast if he wants to stay closer to office.

I would suggest him to take help from some colleague who already is here and ask him to post in Sulekha etc for room mates.. Else, he can first try to get into any studio appartment for less somewhere away from Downtown, like woburn / arlington etc. and then search for something once he is familiar with the city and people.

You can check the distance from these places to the office address on google maps.

Hope it works. :)

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

thanksfor the update

Just checked the distance between office and the two places Woburn and arlington..They come around 13 miles and 9 miles respectively...Will pass this info to my hubby and get back to you :hiya

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  4. JayuD

JayuD New IL'ite

hi madhavi,

how r u ?
    I m jayu, We r planning to move nashua this sept. can u plz suggest some apt in nahsua ?
    take care
    thnx.

5. prism02

prism02 New IL'ite

Hi jayud.I'm from concord, new Hampshire state moved here last wk.... Nashua is one hr from concord...how r liking Nashua?