1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

anyone from Boston area

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by bsnashua, Dec 4, 2006.

1. veenaanand0705

veenaanand0705 New IL'ite

Hi ,My name is Veena.I stay at Norwood,MA.Anyone doing CPA from Mass board?

2. veenaanand0705

veenaanand0705 New IL'ite

Re: anyone from Boston area doing CPA from Delaware board?please let me know

Hi I am Veena
    anyone from Boston area doing CPA from Delaware board?please let me know

3. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

@Veena,

Try looking for Boston CPA study group on meetup.com. You may find a group who meet once a week and study together/exchange exam questions, etc.

4. avismita

avismita New IL'ite

hi veena
    iam staying,ma,also looking someone do CPA together

5. avismita

avismita New IL'ite

hi veena iam also looking someone to do CPA with me, i live in stoughton, ma,it will be good if we could work out something

6. smithakumar

smithakumar New IL'ite

hi all
    we just recently moved to Boston, framingham. I have a wonderful 10 month old daughter, with whom i am spending most of time. I'm looking forward to meet new friends in boston.

Thanks
    smitha

7. sandy

sandy New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am from westborough,ma area..I need a small favour from all of boston area people..
    My mom is planning to come my place alone for my delivary in july..
    If any one coming from hyderabad to boston in jun 1st or 2nd week,please let me know that will be very helpful for me..dates are flexible..

thanks,
    sandya

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

My hubby is expecting a 6 months onsite opportunity very soon.He might come to Boston for this project. And his office is in Boston downtown it-seems.

So i need few details about the locality..Please share your FB's.I have a list to ask kindly bear with me :bowdown

1.How good is the indian population?

2.Though this is his first tiem visit to Boston, he has spent lot many years in US..especially in SFO,Chicago and NJ..so if somebody has an experience please give me a crispy comparison :idea

3.Are there indian stores..He loves outside food but does that only ladies are @ home :rotfl..This time he is gonna be alone so i guess he should pass his weekend by cooking and cleaning..So can he expect enough of indian stores for groceries?

4.Mention few good restaurants(strictly non-veg :biglaugh)

5.In the initial stages he has no plans to rent a house(has to share the room with his friend)..but not sure with that too..can we get houses on monthly lease basis or will he have to go on for a long term lease :hide:.. What is the approximate rent for a single room or studio kind?

This is for now..will sure get back and pester you all..Thanks for your patience :hiya

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Ok... Cindhu here goes my reply as promised ., :)

When you say how ' good ' is the Indian population here in MA .. All I can respond is it is pretty good but do not compare to NJ.. :)

So that answers both your 1st and 2nd question..

Localities with more Indian population are
    Quincy
    norwood
    acton
    Waltham , Malden
    burlington / Woburn as far as I know..

The rest wiil have them too but maybe not much.

Now if his client place is in Boston downtown and he is looking at staying somewhere very close to there then, the appartment rates are going to be a little expensive. Maybe between 1200 - 1800 for single bedroom.. You may get with or without lease.

The more farther you are from downtown the lesser the rent. Yo canl look for appartments which are on buslines or connect to T station so that he can take public transport..

Redline takes you to downtown. That is one local train route.

I live in Woburn .. Here we have about 5 Indian groceries.. Waltham is about 20mins from
    here and there is a bigger grocery there called Patel brothers. That is quite famous too.

There are many restaurants here, both Indian and American or other cuisines if he wants to venture.

Few restaurants are
    pongal in Billerica
    kebab factory
    Punjab in Arlington
    punjabi dhaba in Cambridge
    bollywood grill in shrewsbury
    Minerva in both norwood and natick
    mantra in Downtown

These are good ones.. :) there are many more which maybe good but am not too sure about them.

Once you decide the place he is going to live in.. then you can look for appartments without lease. Woburn has studio appartments ( filly furnished ) which are on weekly basis .. There is one Glenn veiw which is on monthly lease and is priced 1275 for a two bedroom. It is less than 1000 I suppose, for a single bedroom. You would get similar appartments in any area.. So zero on the place with grocery stores and buslines in mind and let me know maybe then it gets easier to settle for appartments.

Best luck , Cindhu ...

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

Thanks a ton for a detailed reply..Will forward this to my hubby immediately..Probably this week he will be getting to know exactly about the stay area and office.Will get back to you if required..Enjoy your time with your parents.take care :hiya