Anyone doing MBA from IGNOU

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by manjumnair, Sep 24, 2007.

1. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Is there anyone doing MBA from IGNOU.... How do you rate it?? There are many opinions about this one... Some say MBA from IGNOU is not that recognised, but some others tell it is very much recognised.... What is ur opinion on this?

I know any correspondence MBA can not be equal to a regular MBA from a good business school....

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Dear Manju,
    Ignou Is Very Reputed, And Now With Work And Study Becoming The Trend In India All Opt For Annamalai University And Ignou Is Great For People Who Want To Teach In Future, It Helps Them A Lot..sunkan

3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sunkan.... I am doing MBA from IGNOU... doing my 2nd sem.... I was confident about its recognition in the beginning... But many different opinion among people I know has created a confusion in me... So I have posted a query here, so that I can know all your opinion....

The study materials for IGNOU are very good... But for doing assignments, you need to refer to other books and internet for better presentation...

4. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manju

I'm doing a PGDHRM (a part of MBA programme) from IGNOU and my cousin is doing full 3 years degree from IGNOU...

I would say of you have to really LEARN things do an MBA from IGNOU.. the kinda assignments they give and the kinda examinations are there... they really make you think man... I mean the case studies and all they are really good... and examinations are not "Laddoo" I mean they are not piece of cake...

they give you all the material for studying and you dont need to study from anywhere else then...

IGNOU is recognised by UGC (United Grants Commission)... Delhi University is also recognised by UGC... so I would say DU and IGNOU are equals in every way.

5. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Abha,

Thanks for all the information.... IGNOU study materials are really good.... It is not very easy to pass a course from IGNOU... Since my 1st sem assignments have not been valued yet by IGNOU, I don't know about their evaluation... I could write only one paper in the 1st sem...The term end exam result is not good for me... This time, Dec 2007 TEE, I am trying hard... Have to write 7 papers including the ones I left out in the 1st sem.

6. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Right Said, its not easy to pass a course in IGNOU.. their methods of evaluation are very strict... Basically they never let you sit idle... first you spend all of your time doing assignments... when assignement are done you realise its time to study for the exams... thats their way of making people work hard...

and you wud never come to know ur marks from the centre... you wud always have to chek them online...

~Abha

7. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Abha,

I understand you are in the US now. Is it possible to do IGNOU courses from here? How do you do the exams? And do they send the study materials here to US?

8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nivedi

Well i gave my first sem exams before coming to US. I gavce my exams in Dec '06 and i came here in jan '07 and as i'm doing a diploma so i have only 1 subject left... for which i will give exams when i go back next year. a paid fee is valid for 2 years time so i will be back to india anyways by that time...

I really dont know if someone can study this being in US... you can visit the website and do some R & D yourself. Welcome::Indira Gandhi National Open University

~Abha

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Thanks Abha for the info. I checked their site...it's not possible to do their courses from US.

10. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

I heard that there is one university or institute in Hyderabad that offers distance education to people abroad.

I googled and found that once but not able to find that again.

If anybody ...who has been successful finding out the site...pls post