1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Did Root Canal With Crown Or Wisdom Tooth Removal In The Usa?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by gknew, Jun 15, 2020.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Yeah, heard that it's very expensive.
    Yeah. I heard they it's very expensive. That's the reason my dentist telling me to go for extraction. He said It might not be successful and you will get pain even after RCT with crown. So it's like a trial and error. So he told me to go for extraction and implant immediately. He also said that extraction and implant is also very costly and comes to 4k to 5k.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

A root canal + crown should cost between $700-1000 with insurance. An implant is much more expensive. Get a second opinion before doing such an expensive procedure.

gknew likes this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Yeah. I feel the same way. Whenever I visit a dentist, I will always come out of the door with a treatment plan which I never thought about.

This particular tooth, I didn't think about it for my jaw pain and swelling. I was assuming my ear and sinus Infection cause this swelling and jaw pain. Then I thought about upper wisdom tooth and went to the dentist. He said another new issue. But he is not very sure. So I have to get another opinion. I am relying on Google reviews and finding a dentist nearby.

I am not chewing at all on that side. Didn't try chewing on that tooth yet. Have to try and see if hurts. But it's not sensitive to cold and hot. I am also guessing TMJ. So have to rule out that too.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Yeah. I am not ready for that procedure now.
    RCT and crown comes 700-1k$?? That's expensive too. I have to think what can be done. I don't know if I really have a crack or not. Dentist said we cannot see that on x-ray and we should go by guess. I don't know if that's true. I am planning to see an oral surgeon to remove the wisdom tooth. Only one.

6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks for this information.
    I didn't decide yet which one should I do first. Never had any dental treatment here except fillings. Even that was bothering me for an year. My dentist didn't fill it properly and I had to redo it a shallow filling.

So, the Endodontist will be able to say if we have crack or fracture in the tooth? Dentist was not sure at all and he said he is guessing. Did you place crown on the tooth before 22yrs? Was it good till now?

My dentist did a tooth sloth bite test and so the probe thing. He probed over the gum and it was painful for me. But he didn't say anything about gum. He said he needed CT scan to view more tooth images and I did one.

And how did the Endo diagnose fracture? Did they do cold air and water test? Any information about it?

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The 22-year old root canal had to have a crown replaced halfway through, otherwise it’s been fine till now. They think it’s a fracture based on the infection. I have not gone in to do anything else because of Covid. I will probably have the tooth extracted if they confirm it.

gknew likes this.
  8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Please get the proper diagnosis. I am also looking for proper diagnosis. I am planning to postpone because of covid. But the dentist told me to do it within a week. So I have to act soon. Either I have to extract upper wisdom tooth or lower one RCT.

MalStrom likes this.
  9. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Are you planning to wait till covid situation comes back to normal or you do the treatment as soon as the dentist confirm? I wanted to wait but have to check if the issue is ok to wait and see.

10. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Anyone from Atlanta? I am looking for good dentist and Endo in Atlanta. Do you know any?