Anybody been to Kaziranga National Forest

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by diptisengupta, Jul 10, 2009.

1. diptisengupta

diptisengupta New IL'ite

Hi Everybody,

I am going to Assam with my hubby, this September. It's a business and leisure trip - all at the same time for us. He'll be there for business for a couple of days in Guwahati and I'll join him later. We're planning a trip to Kaziranga National Forest. :)

Anybody here has been to Kaziranga? Can you giv me details on which is the best place to stay and any other Insider’s Kowledge.

Would appreciate any suggestions from you all…
    Regards, DIPTI

2. bhaswatismiles

bhaswatismiles New IL'ite

Hey Dipti,
    Lucky you buddy. I got a chance to visit Assam last year with my friends. I went there after pujo, in November. It was a ten day trip. There are a number of accommodations, we stayed in the Aranya Lodge, and it is owned by ATDC and is 10 kms from Bagori.

But one thing dear, you are saying that you will be going there during the pujas, during that time the forest will remain closed for the visitors. Generally it remains closed from May to October.

However I am giving you your required information.

There are other accommodation options as well which are:
    Bonani Lodge - 10 Kms from Bagori
    Bana Shree Lodge - 10 Kms from Bagori
    Kunjaban Lodge - 10 kms from Bagori

Private Lodges:
    Wild grass
    G.L.'s Resort
    The forest provides elephant rides daily, we took the last one which is from 7:30 am to 8:30 am.
    Do tell me what you did…

3. diptisengupta

diptisengupta New IL'ite

Hey Bhaswati,
    Thanks for the information. Though the news has made me upset but I am glad that I have got the information before chalking out a plan about where to visit during my trip to Assam. My husband will also be upset with this news. :cry: :cry:I really wanted to see the wild animals, and to tell you frankly this elephant ride is quite tempting, but what to do?

I m gonna miss it this time. But will surely visit if I get a chance to visit again.

Thanks for the information on the accommodation.