1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any Single Women Who Have Adopted Or In The Process?

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by pocahontas, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

WoW !! thats a wonderful decision you have made and a bold one too. I am unaware of anybody here in India but I have a couple of friends in UK who are single and have adopted kids. They are infact living a very harmonious life. Some got married after they adopted kids. If you are planning to settle in India wi you may want to rethink. Firstly not sure if the adoption agencies would approve single women to adopt as they may have apprehensions if your future husband or family will approve of such an adoption. We all know how Indian men and their families react (there could be exceptions as well).
    All the best though !

2. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Hi,if you are not interested in married life my advice is be as like this, don't push urself in to it,if u got good and understanding person ur life will be much more happy but if it reverses at that nothing to do rather than compromising or coming out of it,am not against to mrg,but should have guts to face anything ,any situation then only better to enter in to that life,
    Ur very successful in your life,and ofcource u can give a life to a child or two by adopting them,u can approach through government,it's better and safe way to adopt a child,they will ask ur location preference and gender Al's,based on ur age and other things they will start the process,they will send u baby pics if u like any of them u can adopt otherwise they will send other pics ,one of my family cousins register and went to process,they asked the child from North side bcoxz they think there the children are more healthy than anywhere,
    Up to me adopting a child is good thing,you are giving a life to a child which is second life to them ...
    If any guy likes you with child u can marry anytime,and u can have ur children als,
    Go ahead with your choice and plan accordingly..in the same way based on your job type u need to travel much then think about the child Al's,u should take care of the baby Al's and u should take her /him with u,if ur family accept or not u have to be for them at any cost,
    May be most of parents won't accept this proposal bcoxz they don't want to share the property with unknown member,so be prepare for it and go...once you taken anystep be strong in it and ready to face any thing regarding this..and don't trust anyone who will day they will give there children for adoption bcoxz at anytime they can take back ,so go with the help of laws..all the best..

3. HarpSand

HarpSand New IL'ite

Best of luck to you!! I am also wanting to adopt very badly. I'd love to adopt a girl (or boy), newborn or older.
    Do you know how to make connections with Indians in the US who need to give their child for adoption?
    Let us know how things go for you!

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

You can adopt indian children through adoption agencies in the USA. If you are of indian ancestry, then the process is even faster. The steps are (1) you contact adoption agency and tell them your need, and make payment (2) they will vet your family to receive the baby -- i.e., send social worker to your house, talk to your husband(if there is one of whatever gender), other children(if any), inspect the home etc.. (3) They will inform you when the child has been identified. The child would be medically screened for good physical health before adoptions (4) the child will be brought to the USA by the adoption agency personnel, you will receive the child at the airport. (5) you will apply for US citizenship for the child right away; there is no waiting period.

There are many caucasian Americans who have adopted indian children. In many big cities, there are special-interest-groups where parents who have adopted children of specific birth nationalities (like Korean, Chinese, Indian...etc) get together for picnics, playtime togethers etc... Meetup, and a few other internet applications enable such gatherings.

curlytweethere and Amica like this.
  5. preetk

preetk New IL'ite

6. preetk

preetk New IL'ite

Hey jus read ur post ..
    Have u adopted any child or registered with CARA. Do guide me for the same since I'm single too and interested in adoption

7. preetk

preetk New IL'ite

8. preetk

preetk New IL'ite

Hey,

Did u manage to adopt a child

9. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Please update us on your progress

10. lakshmi888

lakshmi888 Silver IL'ite

i am also a single indian woman and would like to adopt. please let us know success stories of adoption....

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022