Any one planning to write pmp?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by anjanag, Nov 21, 2013.

1. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

I am planning to write PMP and looking for a study buddy. Is any one planning to write in the next two months?

2 people like this.

2. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anjana.... Good Luck to you :thumbsup Hope you are referring to the latest PMBOK, as the version has changed a few months back.

I am also a PMP... let me know if you would need any help....

Best Wishes,
    PD

2 people like this.
  3. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

Hey PD - thanks for responding. I am referring to the latest PMBOK. Glad to hear that you are a PMP. I have just started studying, but finding it hard to sit down and read :) have some vacation left in office, so planning to use that for studying. How long did you prepare for the exam?

4. prettydevil

I know... studying for PMP is very boring at times. Initially when I started studying, I never used to concentrate and did everything else apart from studying. So finally, I took exam dates and only after that I was able to concentrate.

2 months are more than enough. 2 hours each day will be fine. The main key is understanding the concepts and referring a good book.

I referred head first. I read pmbok first, then headfirst. referred exam questions and then re-read just the highlighted points from both the books.

Gave two mock exams. Scored only MP in that. But in the exam was able to get HP.

Make sure you study the mock questions. Helps you with different scenarios in exam.

5. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

Thanks pd. I took off today and supposed to do studying. I am doing everything else other than that. I am planning to book the exam date soon. Thought of going for a pmp boot camp, but haven't decided yet. The thought of sitting in a room from 8.30 to 5 for the boot camp is some how de motivating me. I also have the Rita mulchay pmp prep and older version of head first. I will study the mock questions. thanks again!

6. prettydevil

Anjana... just my two cents....

boot camps will be good....but if it would be, then I would be day dreaming there too. So i would never join a boot camp.

if you get bored to read, then you can watch pmp chapter videos on youtube also, or try making notes. Will be useful later.

if you refer rita and headfirst both, you will get confused. the best approach is pmbok + any one book.

1 person likes this.
  7. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Good luck Anjana...will get guidance from PD and you in future friendssmiley

2 people like this.
  8. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

thanks PD. i took the head first from the library to see how it is. will concentrate on PMBOK and one book.

9. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

thanks Sravani. Hopefully i will study and pass the exam some time soon!

10. flysauc

flysauc Gold IL'ite

Good luck Anjana ! My hubby is also preparing for his PMP . So i know how its a task to sit and focus

1 person likes this.