1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Any one living in chevy chae/Bethesda, md

Discussion in 'Indians in Washington DC' started by ramanikandula, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Rash79

Rash79 New IL'ite

Even though the rentals are higher in downtown bethesda, you would save a lot of money by not having a car in the beginning. Getting a car (buying and insurance) is more expensive if you do not have a credit history. And by not having a car in first year, you would actually save a lot of money (cost of car, parking, gas, insurance). The other benefit is that you would not feel isolated in downtown areas, ample of things to do, shopping centers closeby. I think Chevy chase even has an Indian store. You would be surprised to know that we have managed one and a half years without a car and because we walk down to most places, it has improved our health too :)

PS: Check zillow.com for your apartment search. It also tells you what are the closest schools and their ratings.

2. Naushr

Naushr New IL'ite

Thanks Rash79 for detailed message. Its really helpful. My husband office is near Bethesda metro station so looking apartments nearby.

3. Rash79

Rash79 New IL'ite

That's nice. I live very close to Bethesda metro station. My husband's office is also near Bethesda metro , hence the decision. You should look at Rosedale park, & Bethesda Place. I am in Rosedale park.

4. Naushr

Naushr New IL'ite

Okay great. I will let you once we finalize:blush: