1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Any ideas for diabetic meal

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by lmani, Jun 6, 2007.

1. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

My husband is diabetic.Any good meal plan?:wave

2. Sdevir

Sdevir New IL'ite

HI,
    My cousin's husb is also diabetic. I dont know the exact diet they follow but i have an idea. He eats oatmeal for breakfast(everyday). Either Whole wheat chapathi or Brown rice for lunch with lots of vegetables, salad in the evening as snack(in his office only) & then Phulkas(whole wheat like "Sujatha" or "pillsbury") at supper. He can pretty much eat any fruits except "BANANAS, MANGOES, SAPOTA, SITHAPHAL(custard apple)". These fruits are complete NO-NO. Other than these i think he can eat pretty much anything. But its better to talk to ur physician too. And also as i'm a Pharmacist i usually recommend my patients to eat a small piece of "cinnamon" too everyday:goodidea: . Initially when he starts taking that its better to check his blood sugar levels everyweek as the reading may go down as a result of cinnamon. In such cases its better to change the dose of the medication. Eventually if he follows this regimen seriously i believe he can manage not to take any med'ns and just follow this strict diet. As i am not aware of his readings i dont want to make any promises here. I hope i was of some help.

Sdevir:2thumbsup:

3. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

ragi flour can be added to normal atta while kneading, it is beneficial in diabetes.it is also called nachani atta.
    cinnamon and turmeric too good.