Any idea about Amniocentesis test ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by indumathy_77, May 21, 2008.

1. PinksAndBlues

PinksAndBlues Senior IL'ite

Re: Questions about Down's syndrom test and Insurance info

Oh .Ranchu so you have lots of time to think about whether or not to go for these tests ..and do some research :) For me I am still confused . Have to decide next week.
    Jyoti Im glad amnio came out normal for you. Only few more weeks for you to have your baby I'm sure things will go very well for you. Good luck and have a happy and safe journey to motherhood :thumbsup

2. AmbikaNepolian

AmbikaNepolian New IL'ite

Hi to everyone who did amnio.

I am new here. I need your help to ease my mind the rest of my pregnancy. I am 21 weeks preg and 29 yes old. I did nt scan + blood test given me 1:134 odd. After that I deceided to go for amnio to reassure . Then I went through amnio. It was ok. I got the results after 15 days. Everything is fine.

But still I can' t stop worrying whether the amnio will cause any problems to my baby ?

I think many of you might given birth to you babies.

Have you found any problem after birth because of amnio.
    Please help me by sharing your experience .

Pls pls
    Ambika

3. SmitiG

SmitiG Junior IL'ite

Hello !!
    I am new to this forum. I am also advised to go for amniocentesis test. I was just wondering what is the cost of this procedure? Please somebody help me. I am from Chennai.

4. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi SmitiG,

I have recently gone through same procedure. It costed me around 26-27 thousand in Bangalore. Please check in Chennai. I hope it would be approx same or little less..

5. SmitiG

SmitiG Junior IL'ite

Thanks for the info. Have checked it's around 25k. They said the report will come in 15 days. What about u does it take the same time there also?? How did it go? I hope it's not painful...my risk is 1:122

6. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi smitiG, yes it took 1 week to get FISH report. This report gives details on 3 main chromosomes, so better opt for it as well. And full analysis report took 3 weeks for me here.

Don't worry. It's not painful. It's just a injection but will be pricked in abdomen. Pain was little when they pricked it but after that it is normal. Just make sure you are getting it done with the experienced doctor on these procedures. And also please be on bed for 2 days after it avoid any further issues. I wish you get good result and don't worry baby will be all fine. I completely understand what you are going through, but trust me it will be all fine. I was damn worried and tensed when I had to go through...many friends here have given me enough confidence to face it....

7. SmitiG

SmitiG Junior IL'ite

Thank you so much for the help.. it's a relief that it doesn't pain much. I am very tensed about this whole thing. Hopefully things will be good. I hope your reports also come good. Will let u know once I go through this. They have given appointment on 14 th april. Thanks again for the advices I will surely keep those in mind.

8. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Things will be good. I got my reports already. I had gone through 17 weeks and got full report by 20 weeks. Now I am in 25th week. By gods grace things are going good. My reports are normal and I wish the same for you dear..

9. SmitiG

SmitiG Junior IL'ite

That is so wonderful. Only few more weeks left for the lil one to arrive. This is my 2nd one and the baby is already giving me so much tension. The 1st pregnancy was very smooth without any worries.. what about u? Is this the 1st one.... All the best. Take care and keep in touch. Will let u know my progress as well.

10. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi SmitiG, Same here dear. This is my second one. One first was pretty smooth with out any complications. For the first one, I had cervix stitch at 28 weeks and was on bed rest for 8 weeks...other than that everything was fine.

But with this second one, I have been through lot of complications & tensions from beginning..Now in 25th week and been on bed rest for last 5 weeks. I should continue bed rest till end of delivery..:(..I am just counting my days dear...

Dont worry, Amnio is small procedure and dont stress about results. I believe they will be good. Just that we want to rule out all odds...be happy.