Any idea about Amniocentesis test ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by indumathy_77, May 21, 2008.

1. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have some happy news to share with u. :) I got the amnio test report and it is confirmed that Virus has not affected the baby and the chromosome report is also normal. Thanks for praying for me and giving me confidence.

Regards
    Indu.

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Congrats Indu! That is just awesome news! I am so happy for you .... good luck with the rest of the pregnancy ... enjoy and take and care of yourself and baby! Pooja

3. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Congratulations Indu...Its great news, now you can enjoy the pregnancy worry free. Take care and keep updating about you and the baby.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  4. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hi,

Thank you all very much and I have started enjoying my pregnancy now only...

Indu.

5. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi pmahensa,priyanka and all!
    i am 13 weeks pregnant with twins...i have a question.. before going to amniocentisis ... did you all go through CVS test ? for me i don't know from the beginning my doctors are giving me tension and am not at all enjoying the pregnancy at all. they did my first trimester ultrasound in hospital and then took blood by pricking my finger on 6 or 7 circles .. now they say that they doubt one of the baby is prone to down's syndrome but its 1 out of 76 chances they are saying... so they gave me an appointment for genetic counselling.. after that probably they will do CVS test, based on the cvs results they will do amnio.... one more question did they decide the results by ultra sound or by the bloodwork wether we need all this.. i am very much confused what they are doing..? coz my doctor wont be there at ultra sound and all ... its in outside hosiptal (coz i am carrying twins).... this is my first pregnancy ..so lot of questions ...
    thanks
    bye
    anooch

6. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hi Anooch,

I did Amnio test during my 19 weeks. I had Chicken Pox during my 14th week and so we wanted to confirm 100 % that baby is not affected by the Virus. Even though ultrasound scan was normal we wanted to do Amnio test to ensure that baby is normal. I did not do CVS test. Amniocentesis test is safe and it should be done by experienced doctors only. I did it in Obstetrix Medical Group in San Jose. I had some cramps after doing the test and took rest for 3 days. Rest all was fine. So don't worry about Amnio test. I do not have any idea about CVS test. I have read about CVS test online only. All the best for ur test. If u r too thoughtful about doing that test, have a second opinion with some other doctors.

Indu.

[​IMG]

7. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi Indu!
    thanks for the reply... today i got a call they have to do only amniocentisis and am doing it in a hospital ... i dont know wether they are good at this or not coz no body in my frens did this... i am scared .. actually i was told that one in the twins they suspect some abnormality .. i asked my obgyn how can they conclude this... she said MAY BE by neck measurements or so.. i dont know whether to go for second opinion or not.. let me think of it..the test is on july 17th ...oh god .. i can understand how u guys have gone thru this tension... when is your due date?
    take care bye
    anooch

8. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Hi Anooch,

Sounds like you have had a nuchal transulency test done at your ultrasound during the 1st trimester. They measure the fluid level behind the neck and if it is above a certain level, the chance of having downs syndrome increases.

The Nuchal translucency test is only a diagnostic test which gives you a probability of having downs syndrome. It is not a confirmation that your baby has downs syndrome. They are doing the amnio just to be 100% sure of yes or no answer. Don't worry too much. Many people have had amnios done without any problems. Please don't stress yourself out. Stay positive, think happy thoughts and pray for the sake of both your babies. Everything will be fine.

Will pray for you and your baby.

Pooja

9. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hi Anooch,

Initially I was very scared about the amnio test and spent sleepless nights too...But actually it is not that scary to worry about. When they do the test, u will have some cramp feeling and after that also. Take full rest for at least 3 days. Ur doctors will advise u as to what to do after the test. So don't worry. Pray god and we will also pray for U and ur baby. Since I went thro' ur tension, I can understand ur feeling. My due date is on Oct 15. Don't worry and be calm. All the best.

Indu

[​IMG]

10. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

Hi pmahensa and indu!
    Thanks a lot for the support and the courage u've given and it mean a lot to me. i will try my best to stay cool ... huh.. pmahensa...ur answer is the best than what my doctor answered when i queried her how come they decide that the baby had the possibility of the syndrome.. thank you both for including me in ur prayers.. i will also pray for u and ur babies.. stay in touch
    thank you and take care
    anooch