1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Answers to my questions

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 18, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I got answers to some of my questions through these quotes , so thought of sharing with you all

We make unnecessary comparison with others and become sad. We don’t value what God has given us. This all leads to the vicious cycle of unhappiness.Value the things god has given us. Learn the secret of being happy and discard the comparison which leads only to unhappiness…

Instead of saying “I don’t have time” try saying “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels. Often, that’s a perfectly adequate explanation. I have time to iron my sheets, I just don’t want to. But other things are harder. Try it: “I’m not going to edit your resume, sweetie, because it’s not a priority.” “I don’t go to the doctor because my health is not a priority.” If these phrases don’t sit well, that’s the point. Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. If we don’t like how we’re spending an hour, we can choose differently.Wall Street Journal

People go through their whole lives chasing everything in the material world, and they fail to discover the greatest treasure of all, which is within them. Shut your eyes to the outside world. Direct your thoughts and words to the inside of you. The Master within you is the key to all the treasures in the world……From ~ The Secret.

When Love is extended to God, not only we feel a Melting down in our Hearts, but God also feels a Melting down for us. Mundane, worldly Love is with expectation and all our expectations cannot be fulfilled if we are focused on worldly affairs but if we turn to the Divine, all our expectations get fulfilled. Only Divinity can satisfy all our desires and wants.
    [h=2]Don’t Quit
    When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    When the road you’re trudging seems all up hill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.
    Life is queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a failure turns about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out;
    Don’t give up though the pace seems slow–
    You may succeed with another blow,
    Success is failure turned inside out–
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far;
    So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit–
    It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit- Edgar A. Guest[/h]

Posi

[h=5][/h]

5 people like this.

2. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji mam,,

It is always nice to read your post. Your writings are simple, but the depth of knowledge is vast. I have a learning from your post on "Communication" and the use of language. Today you have made me to identify the areas where I should change. Thank you .. Looking forward for many such posts. :)

3 people like this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Wonderful thought process to relieve ourselves of depression and superiority complex.
    The quote given is very precious.The problem is when we read the quote it inspires us and makes us mentally strong. As and when problems get accumulated all these quotes simply escape us and vanish totally, and we start feeling depressed. We have to be reminded on and often about these quotes.
    About the term 'it is not my priority', this may look nice when we say it to ourselves.

The same term when expressed by others as a response to our request can be interpreted as lack of regard and respect or a term of insult.Suppose you ask your son or daughter or friend and seek some information and if they reply that 'it is not my priority'--the connotation will totally change.
    My view is when we approach anyone for any obligation, we are bound to know whether the matter will be under their priority list also, unless it is emergency oriented.

Jayasala 42

3 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@sangeethakripa, Sangeetha dear you dont know how happy you have made with your first fb. Glad to know you like my post. I am surprised to know that the depth of knowledge from my post is vast. But all dont think like you, because there are others who have more knowledge than me and they know how to narrate. My problem is I dont know to narrate properly thats why I dont get much response to some of my posts.

Thanks dear for bringing a smile on my face with your sweet message. I was feeling very depressed and with your feedback it has gone

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42, Jayakka dear thank you for your loving feedback. You are right dear we should remember the quotes whenever problems arise and use it . You are right about priority Jayakka, it depends on the person who is telling.

It depends on each one what is their priority, accordingly they act. For some people attending to some work of a person depends on their priority. But we should treat equally everyone and attend to everyone,thats what I feel

1 person likes this.
  6. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Ma,

Lovely quotes, very true to every word. I like to share my thought here, this what I do to whatever I read I try to apply it either by analyzing it, or using it in my life. That really has helped in changing and shaping me into a better person. Like JayMa pointed out we most of the time read and then forget while facing challenges, that's very true, sometimes it is very hard for us to remember everything and apply.

This is the dilemma of life ....

After lot of reading,writing and sharing my conclusion is we really have to be silent and learn more in it, from it, and experience everything in it....but still we feel like we need something external to cling on and it is so hard to get rid of that quality and again and again we get caught up in the quagmire....we are only learning still so we stumble along hardships. VijiMa, your posts are always simple, down to earth, seems to be quiet but very profound!

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your appreciation Latha dear, glad to know my posts are always simple, down to earth and profound. Yes dear we should try to apply in our life the good quotes

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

We all get answers all the time and only those who look for it get it. I am glad you shared the answers you got from the quotes referred in your post.

Only person who have control our my times is myself and I can always decide what is important for me to focus on and what is urgent for me to do. There is subtle difference between what is urgent and what is important. Priority list should discriminate between them. If we need others to respect our time, we need to respect theirs. Borrowing time from others has to be done with a proper request instead of demanding. Instead of saying, "it is not my priority" we can always say, "I will consider that as one of my priorities".

Comparing ourselves with others is the best way to compromise our unique quality. Everyone has come to this world with their own unique qualities and looking at the inner Self with respect would bring the best out of it. We look for the moon in the real world and in the process lose the light that emanates from inside of us.

The will power that one possess gives all the energy that a thought requires to execute it into action. Every failure should increase the will power and every success should humble us.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  9. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear vijimami,
    loved the post. Especially the quotes on 'Don't quit'.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear thank you for gracing my thread with your awesome fb.Thanks for answering my questions in your own way which made me happy. You made my day with your presence here and I could learn something from you

1 person likes this.