1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Love Story For You, This Time With A Happy Ending!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 20, 2008.

1. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear BF,

Your story shows the age old truth. Pyaar mein Pagalpan (Madness in love).

IN Oz it is a standard joke that love lasts only during the Induction period that is before marriage. Once the 7 year itch sets in, it vanishes....

This story took me back to my childhood. We had a Tamil family living in our Colony. The granny of the house told us this story telling us love is not bad but channelise it to something good.

BF, I am sure the story will have a beautiful ending (I will not divulge it) & many of our wise ILs would have known this story...

Awaiting more interesting reads from your pen..

Regards,

Your GF

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti
    Thank God you did not write your age as 26 and have put up the real age. Heard at 50 men gets more romantic by this story I can consider it is true...........ok ok just kidding
    Nice story..........had a good laugh the way you have put up prayer for our lovers.....hahaha I don't think anyone whould have ever done this, I think next time I will go to the puja room to pray will remember this and have a good laugh .............
    Oh Varalotti couldn't you add one more post of the story.............Story looks interesting, have to wait till wednesday????????????
    You narrations are not long we enjoy reading them especially your stories.

3. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Hi sir,

Now i would like to call u my BF because u r really good stuffed person. thank u once again sir, i think my guru had introduced u to me in his absence to tell such stories about great people. pls sir give us the remaining part of story as soon as possible because this waiting cannot be beared for a long time. I shouldnt' say this but ur story is reminding me my olden days when i was in teens. thank u once again and i specially thank my guru for showring his blessing through u to me.

madhumathi

4. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir
    As usual ... amazing piece of work ...
    You know what ... I have stopped reading novels now ... All that I do is log onto IL and read your work! And who told you that your narrations are too long? We like it to be that way ... descriptive ... and its not boring!

I specially liked these lines ...

Did we ever tell ourselves, ‘Ok, every morning between <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:TIME hour="8" minute="0">8 AM</ST1:TIME> and 8 30 AM, I will think of my lover.’ Or did we take a vow, ‘Every Saturday I’ll write my lover’s name 108 times.’ Or did we plan, ‘This Friday I am going to throw flowers at my lover exactly 108 times, each time telling her name.’

We would have never dreamt of doing such nonsense, right? We say, we love God. And we precisely do these nonsense to Her. We shut ourselves in our Puja room at the appointed time to tell her name.
    We write Her name a prescribed number of times, 108 or 1008, the largeness of the number being directly proportional to the favours we want to steal from her for the time being. We go to Her temple and make the priest throw the flowers or show the burning camphor, mindlessly repeating Her names, while we should be sobbing in our hearts thinking of Her love for us.

What God has for us is love. And what we have for Her is some neurological ******** which we mistakenly call devotion. Next time when you sit in the Puja room, please remember these lines.

Please tell me ... how do you come up with such lines?
    Especially the line " And what we have for Her is some neurological ******** which we mistakenly call devotion." This is like the punch dialogue in a Rajni Kaanth film! So you are a Superstar ... the superstar of IL!!!

P.S.: Please post the next parts soon ... I cant wait to continue reading!

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  5. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

dear sridhar sir,
    great to see that you have begun the story of ramanuja's disciples with that of urangavilli and ponnachi...
    its a treat to read your beautiful style of narration, with the lovely prefaces that you provide us...
    this story always reminds me of the last paasuram in Amalanaadhipiran... "என் அமுதினைக் கண்ட கண்கள்....." this one always melts me, and am especially fond of the Lord of Srirangam....

As you have said, i've always felt uncomfortable about numbers...when one recites something for 108 times, etc...i have a feeling that one tends to keep track of the numbers more than concentrating on the prayer itself.....but sometimes i also wonder if it is meant to develop concentration....atleast till the specific number is finished, we try not to divert our attention to anything else....

like others,am waiting to hearing the rest of the story from you... and hope you come up with many more about Ramanuja's disciples for us....

6. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

i was thinking this story will end up in second page but still a long.... appointment and time for the God and the loved one really you explained beautifully...ponachchi...pon means gold and achchi also carries any meaning...but you ended it like tv serials ..someone coming and stop continue for the next day...good story

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Dear GFs,

I am pleased to inform you that my short story "FM Radiovum Cell Phonum" has appeared in today's Anandha Vikatan (Issue Cover date: 28/5/08).

Please have a look at it and let me know where I stand.

Love,

8. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,
    I have already started responding to your FB. Meanwhile I felt the need for a general explanation on why I stopped the story mid-way.
    First things first. I bow to all those ILites, those nice ladies, who already know the story for not posting the story themselves. These stories are like Ramayan and Mahabaratha. We all know the story by heart. Yet when we listen to some discourse, some upanyasam, we feel that we have captured something new which had been there earlier which we did not notice. I could have told the Villidasan-Ponnachi-Ramanujar story in a few lines.
    But what's the use,then?
    In a story like this we have to pause several times. Every time we pause we learn something new.
    Osho, one of the greatest gurus, this world has ever known, used to pause a lot while discoursing with his disciples.
    Once an American disciple asked him on his face, 'Osho, I feel that you pause rather too much. You should pause less and talk more.'
    To which Osho replied, 'The more significant part of my discourse happens during the pauses. I communicate to you more during the pauses than during the talk.'
    Well, yours truly is a million miles below him. But I have always found that pausing helps us to retain the essentials of something very deep, like the Life of Sri Ramanuja.

love,

9. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    So another classic from your pen to delight all of us here at IL!!! Wow!! is what I could say when i read about Villi and Ponni. Sivaji and Saroja Devi would fit well into the role of the main characters. Hmmm ..........I can almost picturise Villi drunk with love for his wife and Ponni shy and coy when he husband is walking backwards.
    What a romance!!!! Love is not confined to time or people, adhayum thandi punithamanathu. Right?????????
    Waiting to read more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. varalotti

Don't worry, Sriniketan. The wait won't be for long.

regards,