1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another drama

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by akruti9, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

akruti9,

For the marraige only your brother and the bride and your parents are important and siblings are not really important.
    for my marraige ,my sister not able to make it and especially during the marriage they (bride and groom) really don't care much about who is attending and who is not attending.
    It's really your call and you are not expecting your brother to stop his marraige if you don't attend right?
    You and your husband should decide what is best for you and your family and it shouldn't depend on your parents nor your brothers marraige.
    One thing you need to remember,once you are there you mother can't really take care of you because she might be busy with marraige arrangements.
    Anyway it's your call to attend or not to attend and I won't ask my brother to postphone his marraige because of me.You can watch online.

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Nobody is writing here to just go without the doctor's approval, ofcourse one needs 100% ok approval by doctor.

I have a very close friend of mine who is currently 6 months pregnant and just now travelled to India and yes she had a miscarriage just like Akruti before.

Personally, if you ask what I would be doing, I wouldn't be going or taking that risk, but why I suggested to go if doctor says okay, is because of Akruti's constant nature of worry and taking stress. That's the only reason. Haven't we seen enough threads of Akruti to realize she will not be at "peace" knowing that she might not be attending the marriage.

Obviously the marriage won't get postponed. What I am thinking is, even if say Akruti doesn't go, given her worrisome attitude, will she not obsess and worry/think about it and wallow in self-pity which is even more destructive especially when she is pregnant?? All she will do and sit and worry and constantly stress/think about the marriage and stuff & not taking care of herself.

@akruti - I think first you need honestly ask yourself, will you be "okay" even if you don't attend your brother's marriage? You really have to come to terms that its not going to be the end of the world if you don't attend your brother's marriage. You can make a special trip with the baby next year. There are number of ways this can be dealt but really it all comes down to your attitude towards addressing the issue.

3. achedere

achedere Junior IL'ite

Hi Akruthi,

I have to tell this- we were in Canada to completed landing part of immigration, I realized that I missed my periods. We had to travel back to India when I was barely 1-2 weeks pregnant. We moved back to Canada for good when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant. I travelled when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant. This was time when there was a threat of swine flu.
    I was quiet okay and had a healthy baby girl this Jan.

Also, I had thyroid and was on medication during pregnancy. You have to take the medication no matter what.

I cannot say its safe or not as pregnancy varies from person to person.

I think you should talk to your doctor and also notify the airlines which you will travel.

Once you are in India, immediately find a doctor in your home town.
    Please take any flu shots available here in US probably 1-2 weeks before your journey.

Don't stress for wedding.
    Anita

4. priya8716

priya8716 Junior IL'ite

Hi Akruthi,
    Apparently this discussion has moved on from the problem with your DH email. I would advice you to remove his email message from your first post. It is unfair to your DH to expose his private thoughts to the world and to have it analyzed by a bunch of strangers.
    I know someone else also adviced you to remove the email contents. I am actually getting tensed for your sake (imagining the problems you would have if he finds out), seeing that it is still there for all to read.
    Priya

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  5. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

Priya I want to delete it too. I am not able to. If anyoen could sugegst ho to do delete the first post that would be great.

6. priya8716

priya8716 Junior IL'ite

It looks like you need mods help for this. I am fairly new to IL, so here is what I found in the FAQ:

Try reporting the post to see if the moderators can take care of it. Good Luck with everything!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010