1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying Friends

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by valliindia, Jul 25, 2011.

1. valliindia

valliindia New IL'ite

My husband got a colleague who is from the same area as him. My husband says he don't like his colleague but he always listens to that fellow and does exactly as that colleague advises him. I agree my husband should have common sense but he doesn't have it, He is a momas boy who treats his wife as a threat.

He gives my husband tips and tricks on how to control ladies and stuff that can only deserve him a punch. Many times before he dared to tell my husband right before me not to support ladies in kitchen. I am pregnant and I need help now. My mother in law already spoiled my husband and he never enters kitchen at ll.Yesterday his colleague is telling my husband 'I don't do dishes or arrange dishwasher its all ladies work' and talking cheap about a husband who is helping his wife in kitchen.

I don't understand how to keep that person away. He is doing a lot of damage to my family life and now he dares to talk like this in front of me.

Please help me on this. I don't know if it is a proper question to ask. But this is creating a lot of problems for me. I appreciate your advice.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I assume that his guy is coming to your house even if your husband doesn't want him there. Best to make an environment that he doesn't want to enter. If you still have morning sickness, sick next to him and vomit into a waste basket. Serve terrible food. Don't wear deodorant. Do anything that will drive him out.

If that doesn' t work, you may have to give your husband an ultimatum (basically I don't agree with ultimatums but sometimes necessary) and tell him that either he gets rid of him or you will in a way your husband will not like.

3. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hi there,

I don't understand why your hubby has to invite his colleague home when he doesn't like him, leave alone listen to his neanderthal rantings on "role of women". Firstly, tell your hubby that this guy is no longer welcome in your house because you feel he's meddlesome and a trouble-monger. If your hubby continues to bring him over, you can do this:

Be quiet the first two times that he says such inane stuff in your home. The next time he talks such stuff in your presence, drop whatever you're doing, look him in the eye and tell him "Listen dude, I don't appreciate you demeaning women in front of a woman. We do things a certain way in this house and that's a personal decision between my husband and I. Your remarks sound as though they are meant to influence my husband and create problems between us. I don't appreciate it and want to remind you that you standing in MY house and are a guest here. I hope you understand your limits."

You don't have to shout that at him. Just be firm and polite...am sure even someone with half-brains can figure out that you don't welcome his presence in your house. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Carol

4. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Exactly!
    Just because they're the guest, friend or whatever doesn't mean you have to be polite to the point of disrupting your harmony and letting them walk all over you. Go ahead and give them a piece of your mind.

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

try to avoid moving with such people. develop friendship with the famlies those who r kind to their wifes and treat their wife's as human beings.

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

why do you blame your husband? when this guy was telling all that to your husband you were standing there blankly????

you should have stepped up and said, if a husband helps at home, that is one way of bonding with wife n kids...or else husband will always seem like a person whose solepurpose is just to earn and run teh family with no involvement in the family. he is not a money making machine right??? just like the way a woman is not just a chef or babysitter ....

STEP UP and TALK. (also inform your husband that going forward you are gonna do the talking to this guy...if this guy doesnt like you talking, he would stop coming to your house....)

also say the above to your husband too....that you want him to be more involved at home too...even if it means just helping you once in a while when you need it...and he also can depend on you when he needs some help...thats what is all marriage about...share n care!!! (every family has their own set of rules...n values n principles..we dont have to follow others ruels n values isnt it?)

1 person likes this.