1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

annoying friend ..need help

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by lucky2, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Vlakh

Vlakh Silver IL'ite

The minute you start standing up for yourself she will stop all this. The reason she is doing all this is:

1. She knows that you are better looking than her and have a good sense of dressing. From the sounds of it, she is jealous.

2. Taking you friends away from you, well your friends are not kids that they have to ask her, im sure they have you number too, they can call up and ask you directly what the problem is between this person and you. And if they rather hear one side then I think it's better off like this. Start making new friends who will care for you rather than listen to rumours.

3. Inform you hubby about it, so you both can stop talking to the couple altogether.

4. As for her comparing things, status, dress sense...etc...at this age v. childish...tell her to grow up, we are not in school anymore...but married.

Its funny, I remembered an incident that happened to me in my school days. She was my best friend, initially she would hang with our group which had only 4 girls in it. But she wanted to hang with the popular group as well. Slowly she started to change and gave more importance to appearance..etc Her behaviour towards me began to change...only me not the other 2. She would tell me off, she didnt like my laugh anymore, she didnt like the way i did something in a certain way...etc I would stand there and listen to her. I didnt know what to say, then one of my friend from the group one day went to her and blasted off infront of everyone. Stop talking rudely to me, she cant going around telling me off like that. After that day things weren't the same between the 4 of us. Our whole group fell apart. The 4th person, bad mouthed me behind my back to the girl who told me off.

After that I changed, I dont take crap from anyone, be nice to everyone but dont anyone step over you as well. That after a while can become a habit.

Dont get upset because of one person. Think this way:

how important is this person in your life? Not imp. at all! then move on, listen from one ear and out the other. Always keep smiling. thank God that this is happening to you so it makes you a better and strong person.

All the best!:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  2. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Just avoid her as much as you can. Learn to say no.

1 person likes this.
  3. luckyladi

luckyladi Junior IL'ite

stop thinking abt her...i know that is not so easy...but stop it otherwise you will be hurted more in future....i also faced same kind of situation....now i am trying to forget.....njoy with kid and husband...go out and watch tv...

4. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

i dont kno if anyone behaves this way..forgot to mention!
    i was making some dish at my place....i make sure that i keep evrythng clean evryday becoz she stay so close to my home and often visits my place..i mopped kitchen floor tooo..she came and said i vl help u and learn this from u..i said okay..she said kitchen floor is sticky ..i said i mopped the floor...!she said she forgot mobile and she went to her place and came back with bathroom flipflops asking me do u mind...?
    i donno she is intentionally hurting me..i askd her if she uses flipflops at her home(in vizag)..she said no usuallywe vl have to use slippers at home in US..i said evryone use at their place..dont tell me u carry ur flipflops wherevr u go..if u feel my house is not clean n messy..plz dont bother to visit me..u can stay at ur home..aftr telling this too..she keeps callng and coming..i fall for her dramas...
    @all
    Thanks for pouring all your suggestions friends..!i alrdy started avoiding her..i stopped attending her calls..!problm is she lives very close by..!so dint wanna end it..but things are just piling up and not able to take anymore..!thanks friends

5. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Some suggestions from my side:

a) Stop offering help. Be consistent with it.
    b) Look thorugh the keyhole, do not answer the bell when she comes to your home. If you run into each other and you get asked by her, if you were out of home, tell her you were definitely at home, but must have been busy with something. This will make it loud and clear to her that she is not welcome to your home.
    c) Stay in touch with the other friends of yours and firm up your relationship with them.
    d) Block her on FB. (Don't delete, just block) Let her keep guessing if she is the only one blocked or you are doing it to everyone else too.

1 person likes this.