1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary - Gifts / Ideas / Celebration

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by fiona, Oct 28, 2009.

1. gayabala06

gayabala06 Senior IL'ite

Re: first anniversary celebration

Dear,
    Advance wedding day wishes to both of u dear shalini..(convey to ur hubby also from all of us ILites)... whichever place u finalise, spend that day with maximum happiness. BTW, what gift have u decided to give ur loved one????????:rotfl

2. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

3. Kalpana24

Kalpana24 New IL'ite

Anniversary Gifts and Dinner Ideas

Hi Ladies,

My 2nd anniversary is on July 2nd and I am eagerly waiting for that day. I need some good anniversary gift ideas for my husband. I also want to cook a special menu for him.Please share your ideas as I am really confused.

4. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

Re: Anniversary Gifts and Dinner Ideas

Hey Wishing you in Advance....well for the gift you can buy him something which he needs the most or uses regularly...
    Can gift him a set of wallet and pen/belt....on the wallet you can have his name imprinted to personalize it....

And for dinner..cook the variety he prefers...its not what type of cuisine but what he enjoys the most....
    It can start with some soft drink (juice or cold drink), then starters- like paneer or chicken...then main course..and last with lovely ice cream....so that you don't stress yourself much in cooking entire day...as dessert also takes time...ice-cream will be ideal in this heat...else you can buy ice cream cake....which will solve the purpose both cake and ice cream....

5. Kalpana24

Kalpana24 New IL'ite

Re: Anniversary Gifts and Dinner Ideas

Hey Angel,

Thanks for the reply and ideas. Wallet with name imprinted on it, is a great idea but where can I get it done? I am in Bangalore :)

6. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: ideas for celebrating our 'first' 'alone' anniversary

I cant believe an year has gone by and I am back at this thread looking at suggestions! LOL! So much has changed since the last year. He changed jobs, we bought a cottage, got a new nephew and most importantly, I am expecting our first baby! Yeay! 2011 has been good. I will be married for 4 years as of 24th!!

So now...what shall I give him? Like i said before, he is more of a practical kind. He sure will not appreciate collage, picture frames, coffee mugs and such things. I have already given him some gadgets, watch, wallet and such things.

So, is my option only a dinner and a gift card?! Please help me out ladies!

8. priyakanth

priyakanth Silver IL'ite

Hi Rakhii,

Advance wishes for your anniversary. Make a card of your own and draft a letter to ur DH. Let it have the enjoyable moments you had spent for the past 4 years. ofcourse comments, emotions and yours kiss (with the lipstick on) will add flavour to your letter. With a sweet in hand you can give him the card. All the best.

9. sudhakec

sudhakec Junior IL'ite

hi priya ,

good idea ...

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Priya, thank you for the suggestion. he is really not into all this romantic stuff. So, I bought a Tandem Skydive pass! He LOVED it! he is in to extreme adventure sports like white water rafting etc. he has never been to skydiving though. So, i got this one for him. He is yet to book a date for this though but I am sure he will enjoy it a lot.
    The only downside is that our life insurance doesnt cover extreme adventure sports. But hey...I am willing to take this chance as the skydiving school didnt have a single fatality to report so far.