1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary - Gifts / Ideas / Celebration

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by fiona, Oct 28, 2009.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Re: ideas for celebrating our 'first' 'alone' anniversary

Man...My Head Spins after reading your Ifs and Buts....Gulp..Gulp..I need some more Water.

Well one Idea comes to my Mind...Is it possible to get all his childhood Photos and make a collage of it and give it as a Gift...Probably you can add you wedding pictures and DS pictures also.. You can gift him at 12:00 in the night..I am sure there would be no one to invade your Privacy at that time...What say???​

1 person likes this.
  2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

OMG Jhalli...how many restrictions u have dear..poor girl...but cheer up,its fun time

i guess u have visited my posts in Birthday Gift For Spouse thread...maybe i ll just select few which u can do in less cost and maybe think some more and post later
    (1) u dont u send some gifts to ur DH office through courier..atleast ur MIL will not know ..
    (2) I made a big banner of our family photo(which included me,DH and my DD)...size 6 feet by 4 feet...then i gave that to a shop who sells cardboard and plywoods..asked him to paste the bannre onto a similar sized cardboard,then asked him to cut it into squares size each of 1 feet...so totally i got 24 pieces...packed and gave it him...can u guess what this is?
    It was a big size JIGSAW PUZZLE...this costed 1000Rs only
    (3) I made a notebook(with think colorful sheets joined by spiral binding)...wrote a story as if its abt a guy and a gal(me and DH),our likes,dislikes,how we entered the world of luv,our story till then...stuck both of our childhood pics,school and college pics..wrote our luv story...stuck lot of glitter stuffs,the stuffs that i had collected before marriage like bus tickets,chochlate wrappers,love band given by him etc etc and gifted him...
    My DH was very happy...

U can try any of these 3 gifts...these cost less...and ur DH also would like

Hope u like my suggestions!!!!!

3. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

swaran..that was a wonderful idea u gave us.... that was very romantic too!!! u shall try that!!! advance wishes for ur coming anniversary dear...

4. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

@brahan.. ;). i know!! my mind to spins when i have to plan something! no, he wont appreciate any collage and photo stuff.. told u - he is very practical. maybe he might like if i make DS's collage or one single framed family photo.. but that i can do ANY DAY. and its not exciting to give on HIS birthday.

@ swaran - yea, i read most ideas there. i agree with them and they superb. but wont work for me. like i said - dh (or even me for that matter) are kind of practical ppl. we dont really appreciate collages/art/photo stuff - unless its for our son. and he is definitely not into roses (we both feel its a woman thing to get roses). jigsaw puzzles, story, etc - i can give him in a normal day.he will not cherish it - he might wonder why i spent time doing this, rather than utilising that time taking care of DS or spending time with DH/DS :hide:.

ladies - its very difficult to describe how my DH is .
    basically his likes: loves watching movies, travelling, eating out, partying, clubbing, hanging around with friends, sports, tv, music, electronics, gadgets, watches, clothes, etc. very limited i know... but im like that as wel. we both like very few - but common things :).

i like all the senti/roses/art stuff - but honestly i dont value it. cant appreciate/store/preserve it properly....

5. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

moreover - money is not an issue. im working and ca spend any amount.. but it depends on what!! i rather buy him his favourite designer watch/mobile for that money than for feeding his friends (i know its being selfish):hide:.

also, i know he wont appreciate it me spending so much for a party without consulting him first...

6. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Frankly speaking,if you need some "lone time",you need to take him out for the evening.Else,there is no way you can spend some quiet time at home.you can come back by evening.
    Why don't you plan for some bowling and then dinner.you can give the waiters a cake and they can get it to your table for your husband as a surprise.

7. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Oh dear, so many constraints to celebrate a happy occasion.
    If you want to spent some time alone with DH and DS, you may want to go out of town for couple of days. Is it possible for both of you to take couple of days off? As per your situation this is the only way to spent some time alone.

8. bebe

bebe Bronze IL'ite

If money is no issue, why not book a short trip (like 3 days) to Goa (if you are in India). If you are indeed in Italy, why not book a short trip to Rome, Florence or Venice or a nice 5 star hotel in Tuscany. Or fly to Paris, that romance pure... no better way to celebrate a "first" anniversary :)

9. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

bebe - THAT much of money - i will have to sell my kidneys and even then wont manage :bonk
    i meant - can spend 10-15k if situation demands. :p

but to all - the issue is taking DS along? then its a family honeymoon!!

anyways, will try and figure to work out something...

10. bebe

bebe Bronze IL'ite

Oh okay, you do not live in Italy then ;-)

For 10-15k you could book a nice hotel room in your city for one night and have a romantic dinner and evening there... That would also be alone time...