1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary - Gifts / Ideas / Celebration

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by fiona, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Yyyyyyyyyyy???? No one reply???? no ideavaaaaa...

2. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I will be celebrating my 6th wedding anniversary this month. It says Iron for 6th yr......can you all pour your gift ideas related with Iron.....i can only rember my DH heart for iron:rotfl:biglaugh:crazy

1 person likes this.
  3. sandh

sandh IL Hall of Fame

hai fiona i knew about it from you thanks for sharing the interesting ideas,sandhya:thumbsup

4. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

What r all d paper based gifts r available??? Otherthan Greeting cards????

5. rkramadh

rkramadh New IL'ite

I looked at the list, I didn't know such a thing was around. However, I find it geared mostly towards women which is unfair since a wedding anniversary involves a man and a woman! I always find gifts on my own for my DH. Not easy always since he is a man of few needs, not a gadget geek like a lot of men! But I manage to always find something he likes/needs. Some times it takes me more time and my gift may be late despite us celebrating it on the correct date with dinner/massage/flowers/chocolates etc. We just celebrated our 20th yesterday, my DH surprised me with a facial/massage, gave me roses/chocolates and took me out to a fabulous lunch!

6. lathavim

lathavim New IL'ite

Recently i got a photo mug & photo greeting card for my hubby's bday. He really liked it.

7. neelu12

neelu12 New IL'ite

A romantic gift for my DH

Hi friends,

Could you please suggest me a romantic gift for my hubby?

this not for any occassion but it's just that I want to gift him something .Just want to bring back my good old days.

Thanks
    neelu

8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Re: A romantic gift for my DH

What better gift to remind good old days than photographs?if you are a software person...make a video with pictures coming as a slideshow and your fav romantic music in the background.you can also add captions.I did this for my parents and they loved it:thumbsup
    If not..you can make a collage yourself.or...
    This is one that I got for my dh on valentines n wedding anniversary
    Wedding Photos Personalized Canvas Art - This Day Forward
    If not now..you can keep it mind and give some other time.

Else...good old candle light dinner,soft music and the works...ooh..u got me thinking...I'm thinking of doing this now for my dh when he comes:)

I'm sure other IL'ites have great ideas...you can also look in the birthday gifts for dh thread...swaran has wonderful ideas.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  9. neelu12

neelu12 New IL'ite

Hi Rose,

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful idea..really i liked it alot and I would try it out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks once again.

Luv
    neelu

10. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

ideas for celebrating our 'first' 'alone' anniversary

hi all

im approaching my 2nd anniversary this month end. DS was born 1 week before our 'first' anniversary and i returned from hospital on anniversary day. that was our 'first FAMILY anniversary'.. :p. this time. i want to celebrate it as OUR 'first' being alone anniversary :)

my constraints: i stay with in-laws. dh is not the type to like roses, cards, decorations, etc. he is very practical... but loves to 'get gifts'... ;). i cant decorate house or hide/do treasure hunt coz we are a joint family and no extra space/room to hide hints/stuff.. moreover, in laws are quite nosy and will want to know what im upto. cant/dont wanna call his friends home for surprise party as i only have to cook for all. and with DS so young, cant manage. cant order/cater from out due to budget- i rather spend all that amt on DH n his gifts. again here, in-laws will start about wasting money if i do anything extravagant in front of them.. also, we cannot hide what we gift one another. mil has sharp eyes and will know if anything is new... and will ask from where we got it. we obv dont lie... !! then the same stuff about 'wasting' money will start!

i have already bought him a tommy hilfiger watch which he wuld love it. but i wanna do something exciting... not the usual go dinner and eat, etc... cant travel out for night stays as DS is 11 months old and mil wil not look after him during night. taking him for our date is not a good idea i feel... i can cook something special - though dh loves my cooking... but since everyday i cook 3 times(everyday meals) dont think it will surprise him. baking a cake - our oven is spoilt and mil doesnt plan to buy one before 2 months. moreover we gotta share with all. if i get a big cake, dh's bro will finish all (i cant tell him anything as mil doesnt like me stopping him from eating) and dh will get only one piece... :(. buying is no fun - but last option.

and frankly - i wanna spend time ALONE with him.. i dont mind DS.. but definitely not INLAWS or his BROTHER...

so considering my situation - what are the options for an exciting day??