1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

.....and With That, The Optimist Comes Out!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you V sir for your feedback! Of course everything happens for a reason and it is usually in retrospect we realize that. I was simply trying to write a day - some days are better than others and interacting with some people can make one feel over whelmed. I am happy that I can experience so deeply for it makes me feel alive! It is bringing that mind back to equanimity that is the challenge - not the presence or absence of external stimuli! I was just pleased that I had found a way out, for that day at least!

Thank you again for your feedback!

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

HI @Srama
    I read your post a few days ago and wanted to give a response but unfortunately the domestic front was filled with this and that, so am delayed.

Your posts are "energizer bunny" in written form.
    Right from paying attention to everything around you, to keeping up with your workouts early in the morning, to dealing with your students in your class, your articles motivate me to make my life more meaningful.

Negativity is not about thinking the worst and planning how to get out of that situation if it should happen.
    Negativity is about thinking the worst and staying in that mode and mindset all the time.

Nobody's life is a bed of roses and every moment we need to think, plan, and work towards making it as good as possible.
    That is what makes life interesting and you are showing the way on how to go about it.

Sorry if I went off at a tangent.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Srama likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala, @kkrish

Thank you for your warm words - I needed it in this cold weather, you know what I mean ;-)

This means a lot to me, Kamala! Really.

And you hit the nail on its head here and you didn't go off a tangent at all. Thank you!
    and trying to make it good was all I was trying to do when I wrote this and I am truly grateful for somethings that show up at the right time to lead me - this FB is one such! Thank you!

kkrish likes this.