1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

And the Oscar goes to.... my MiL!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by daisymom, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Umlaut

Umlaut Silver IL'ite

Daisymom, the way that the overgrown baby of your MiL is behaving without a shred of feeling towards your condition now, I would say that you have borne it very patiently and are just venting out your feelings here lighheartedly.

Spider, Anyone one else in the OP's situation could easily have started a stronger sounding thread and vented out her frustrations. That would have elicited a different set of responses and certainly no one would have accused her of being disrespectful!

2. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

u r right dear... me and DH tried very hard to buy a bed for mom and put up in the living room, but my mom is v stubborn ... she says she wont let us buy it as its just a matter of a few days at a time.

MiL does not stay with us all the time. she never came to stay with me when i conceived and had difficulty managing the home all alone. that time she never even called me once to ask if i m doing allright.

she has been coming and staying for 2-3 days since last month - bcz she wants more tests done for her (doctors here are saying there is nothing wrong with her and she needs to be more active. not sleeping whole day)

i have decided that if MiL comes to stay for a few days again, i will just go and buy the spare bed without bothering to tell mom about it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  3. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

thnx dear.... i always felt she would be bit less-selfish once we have a baby (we tried for 4 years before i conceived the baby). but i guess i was wrong.

my SiL (wife of the BiL who lives nearby - the one MiL mostly stays with) is the one suffering the worst... she has to put up with MiL most of the time. i cant even imagine how she goes through it. MiL has created so many problems between her and BiL.

4. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

That should be the way. It is your and your DH's home and you both are not answerable to anyone on what you want to buy for your home.

5. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

true... :coffee:coffee

6. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Cannot be too sure about the Oscar but i think ur mil will get the filmfare:rotfl
    Anyway Congratulations! U r goin to be a mommy soon! Don't worry urself too much with all this...i think u shud make ur mil join the gym or something...she seems to be lazy...can't think of a better solution rite now...

But u take care of ur health nd enjoy the rest of ur pregnancy!

7. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

thank u for the wishes :) :)

she does not even go for a walk... her whole movement (does not matter where she is, with me or with other BiL) is from bed to dining table. bed to loo

and all her tests done in last 1 month (CT Scans, MRIs, XRays, All types of blood tests, ECG, heart stress test, halter tests etc etc ) have proved that she is in 100% perfect health. i guess sleeping whole day suits some ppl! here we get warning that being lazy will lead to a C-section :D

wish i cud remain as fit as her :)

8. barbies

barbies Senior IL'ite

Get an air bed. It wont even take space after use. u insist to sleep on the bed..baby first then others !

9. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear,
    Hugs and love to you. This is a great place to vent and I hope that helps you.

Yes, your MIL will get Oscar, Filmfare and any other award out there. She seems to be lonely and insecure and trying to grab attention like this.

All her kids have wife,children and so she just wants some of their attention.

My ex MIL was exactly like this. She was very lazy and slept all day and did no work but had a lot of issues ( according to her).
    I myself had so many issues that ignored it for sometime. When I was at home in my last trimester.. it started bothering me as my hormones were haywire and my ex was a horrible person anyways.

I just did this- I bought tons of vitamins and put them in colorful bottles and told her that this is a new medicine. I pursuaded H to give her 1 everyday with his own hands.

We also got Dabur Lal Tel and put it in a fancy bottle and asked him to massage her feet where she had pain ;every night. ( I told him other wise I am walking out with the baby and never seeing your face).

After 2 weeks she felt much better...Although she was never cured fully but at least not taking showers and sleeping on the sofa all day stopped.

I wish all the best to you. You will have a baby soon. Just get prepared for the coming baby with another baby.

Good Luck.
    FL

10. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy!

It is quiet possible your MIL is going through severe depression. Sometimes depression manifests into physical aches and pains. Moreover her sleep routine seems very unusual for a normal person and looks like she still doesn't feel very much rested (claims of suffering from insomnia)! In some women menopause leads to depression too (i think it has got to do with harmones). Next time she needs to visit a doctor maybe all these symptoms can be described to the doctor who can diagnose if indeed she is suffering from depression.
    A person who suffers from depression seeks attention, can feel very insecured and does not consciously empathise or care for the other person's needs, so don't take it too personally if she comes across as she does not care for your baby.
    From your side, don't let these things stress you out ( i know you r trying your best), try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. It is good your mom is around to help you out, feel pampered and try to make your mom's stay as comfortable as possible for her. I think your mother will get very anxious to see you distress over her comfort more than anything else.
    I wish you a very healthy and safe delivery. Take care.:thumbsup