1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

And Now It's Ambikas Turn!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Nov 10, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,
    Close on the heels of Pankaja is our Ambika again writing about Pangs of Parting in her excellent middle which has appeared in today's DH. Please use this link to read her writing.
    http://deccanherald.com/deccanherald/nov102006/editpage227562006119.asp
    regards,
    sridhar

Dear Ambika,

I still remember the days you were very active in IL. When you posted your earlier middle about your first son going to the US you made all of cry and think too. At that time my daughter was threatening to go away to study in Chennai. Your middle prepared me for that parting and also gave me the impetus to write another middle on the same lines - Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow.
    And now your pangs of parting Part II has come. I loved these words
    I tried to find solace in my cousin’s words - “if the mother bird sheds tears, it will clip the wings of the fledgling before it attempts to soar into the skies” so I stopped my tears from rolling down.
    Your son's arachnophobia (did I spell it right?) and his 'fall downing' grammar and above all your remembering this at the airport when he is ready to go to distant lands have endeared this middle to us even more.
    My niece when she was 4 could not pronounce butterfly but she loved that insect very much. Whenever she sees one she will shout "bozaka fokai" and though I am not sure whether the butterfly enjoyed this, all of us used to burst with laughter.
    Thanks for the beautiful middle,
    regards,
    sridhar

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ambika,
    I remember reading your first pang of parting in IL. Now turn for second one?Even though it is a painful one , you have written beautifully..Through your sorrowful lovely words, we could see all the mother's heart weeping for her child..
    Thanks for sharing Sridhar.

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

As usual - ultimate one on pangs of parting (2)

Dear Ambika,

That was a wonderful middle once again about pangs of parting. However strong be the parents and though they know their children go for good, "It is very difficult for the parents to see their children go off to a far off country".

We wish to see you back active in the IndusLadies Community. I am sure ILites thoroughly enjoyed your writings and would like to read & enjoy more!

I take this opportunity to point to Ambika's "Pangs of Parting - 1" - click here to read more.

Sharada,

Just in case you happen to see this message...where have you been? Would like to see you too active in this community.

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Pangs of parting

Hi,

Every woman passes through this phase at one time or the other.

Both of my kids have flown from the nest. My husband and I are alone with a pet dog , at home.
    My daughter got married and went off. Her priorities have changed, her house, her job and her family ( in-laws) and only then comes her parents. She won't get time to call me. If I call her then , 'it is cooking time amma, getting late will call you later' or 'getting ready to go out .will call you later'. I'll be waiting but the call will never come.
    Now that my son is alone and doesn't have a family , he thinks of us and calls us every now and then. He comes to see us also once a month. But , how long?? till he gets a family.... After that he also won't have time..
    What to do?? That is the plight of all the parents , in the recent times. I sometimes envy the people who have joint families, all of them are around. But maybe the grass is greener on the other side.
    That was a nice write up Ambica.. :clap
    Latha :wave

5. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Thanks so much

Dear Shridhar,

A true friend that you are, you take pride and gloat in writings of your friends too.. I cannot thank you enough for sharing my middle with the wonderful community of Indusladies. Seeing it published in print in DH is a different experience and seeing it in this site, evoking warm and instant responses is an entirely different experience. Thanks again Sridhar. Giving happiness to others is your second nature and all these acts are its manifestations..
    Thanks and regards
    Ambika

6. ambika ananth

Thanks dear Induslady..

Dear Induslady

With a happy yet a guilty heart I accept your love and friendly welcome…I truly enjoyed the time when I was actively participating in discussions and interacting with I’Lites …but many family issues cropped up and my health too started acting up a bit and I was just content in attending to some of the important literary assignments. But let me confess…the love and affection which flows from you wonderful ladies is like rejuvenating ambrosia which I missed badly all these days….I will allot sometime of the day for TWF – ‘TIME WITH FRIENDS’…and will login to IL I am sure I will bounce back quickly to my healthy happy self..

Thanks for liking my article
    Love and regards
    Ambika

7. ambika ananth

thanks Safa and Latha

Dear Safa and Latha

Thanks friends...yes, this is an universal emotion and every parent's heart has to bear it one day or the other...but the alternating feelings of joy and sadness of the precise moment is truly worth experiencing..which parents and children cherish alike...
    thanks and regards
    ambika

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

How true

Dear Ambika,
    I enjoyedyour article verymuch. Every mother has to undergo this at sometime or other.
    Regards,
    Meenu

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

dear Ambika,
    it was very good seeing on the forum after a long time. And I throroughly enjoyed your middle on Parting II. So now the second one also has flown from the nest. It must be very difficult this time, even though it is the second time. The first time, the younger one was there to keep company.
    As you have rightly said, he has to fly to realise his dreams. Best of luck to him.
    And, be with us more often.

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Nice that you are here:)

Dear Ambika,

It is with great pleasure that I read your postings today. Welcome back, missed you. Yes, it is nice that our Varalotti and Chitra keep us all informed about the latest happening in the writer's world and we are lucky to recieve it all on a silver platter in our own Indusladies.
    Enjoyed reading your middle, as always, precisely written and well expressed feelings. Already it is the turn of the younger one to fly from the nest? It feels like only the other day that I read about your parting pangs when the older one left to far off shores. It must be tough. I am sure you will bridge this vacancy with more of your writer's lust. All the best.

L, Kamla