1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Open Letter to Rohan (Infosys) and Lakshmi (TVS Motors)

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Aug 13, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,
    yes, it's a long time since I saw your fb. I think you were not there for a whole serial I wrote based on the IT industry and its practices.It was captioned I LOVE YOU.
    And now I am writing a story based on the silk-saree retail trade and saree-design. People say it's fast moving. If you have the time and inclination please do read it.
    Here's the link
    Love! Love! Love! - Episode 1 - IndusLadies

I have heard about the MBA story. MBAs spend so much time to work that they do not find time to actually live. They miss their wife's b'days, kids' schooling and everything. What if you have a hundred million dollars with you when you are 55, when you have missed everything important in life.

You want to know about my idea of savings. Recently a group of very rich people belonging to a local Rotary club,asked the same question. My answer was, avoid these two extremes.
    Extreme 1- never live as there is no tomorrow. That's the typical IT industry attitude. where you have no savings
    Extreme 2 never live as if you are going to live for ever and take everything with you when you go. This is the miser's attitude. and that's also wrong.
    Just avoid this two extremes, and any policy you have will be good.
    thanks for coming in jaya.
    sridhar

2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shridhar... what an apt advice to give all married or to be couples...
    we are all in the rat race running around like headless chickens...and nobody knows in which direction they are heading to... all this stress and pressure causes break down of family life if we don't make an effort to rectify this trend its going o destroy the very fabric of our society...
    your advice is so sincere... now lets think of a way to send it to these 2 young people...
    Kerman

3. varalotti

Hi Kerma,
    running a rat race like headless chickens. I love the allegory. There is no time for anything in this world now.
    I don't think this letter would reach them. If it does I'll be really thrilled. Even if it doesn't if one of those IIM/IIT types read this and think about his/her work-life balance I will be a happy man.
    thanks for coming in kerma.
    sridhar

4. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

5. varalotti

thanks a lot, suria.
    sridhar

6. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

That is a fantastic open letter to the famous couple, although it is applicable to all the couples in the world :)

You have pointed out well, the need of spending time together which forms the foundation of future life.

7. varalotti

Dear Radsahana,
    thanks a lot. Yes, it is applicable to all the couples all over the world and applies to this celebrity couple more so because they are more prone to these pitfalls.
    Of late the time spent together has dwindled almost to a zero. Simply because the couple stay in the same room it does not mean they are together. She might be reading something and he, watching the TV. Today's technology and life style has enabled us to achieve a paradox, and that is "living together separately"
    thanks once again, Rad.
    sridhar

8. smiley2009

smiley2009 New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,
    This is toooooooo tooooooooo good.. I feel as if it is being told to us..
    'Come home early. Go out. Eat out. Cook to-gether. Go to the bowling alley. Take a long ride along the beach. Or just hold each other’s hand and talk about the day you had. That’s life. Just remember nobody in his death bed has ever regretted, ‘I didn’t spend enough time in my office.’.... This was simply excellent Sir... the fact that you have so verrry well emphasized, 'Spending time together is so important'..
    Wonderful, hats off to you Sir

And Wishing Rohan and Lakshmi a verry happy married life

Take care
    Smiley

9. varalotti

Dear Smiley,
    that was a really enthusiastic response that sort of made my day today. And today is special for me because in an hour from now I'll be posting the second episode of L cubed.

In those days where there were no TVs and computers, no high salaries and stressful jobs, people had a lot of time to be together and to socialize.
    Today social visits have come to zero and time together has come next to nothing.
    And at the level of Rohan and Lakshmi, the problem is going to be even more intense.
    I am very happy smiley you liked this post.

thanks once again, Smiley.
    sridhar

10. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hello Sir,

Again very nice post...regarding balancing work and life..

P.S. - Waiting for my wednesday dose sir, where is the Part-II of L3 (" LOVE LOVE LOVE" is a bit long..so i will refer it as L3..Hope you wont mind..or wont be angry...)