1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An open letter from a mother to her newly married daughter-4

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Sep 3, 2009.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear dhivya,
    Thank you for that excellent fb.Iam happy that you liked the blog.

love
    mithila

2. mithila kannan

My dear prem,
    Thank you for those motivating words.

If Bhavani mami was affctionaTE TO HER dil HER dil ALSO RESPONDED.bUT THERE MAY BE dils WHO MAY NOT BE RECIPROCATIVE OF THEIR mil'S AFFECTION.i HAVE SEEN dilS WHO ARE NOT THAT EAGER TO RESPOND TO THE KIND GESTUES OF THE mil.wELL IT TAKES ALL KINDS OF milS AND dils TO MAKE THIS FAMILY STUCTURE.eACH ONWE HAS TO FOLLOW A PATTERN THAT IS SUITABLE FOR THEM KEEPING IN MIND THE THOUGHT THAT ULTIMATELY IT IS THE HAPPINESS OF THE mil AND dil,not to foget the son,and PEACE AT HOME.
    LOVE
    MITHILAMMA

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithilamma,
    How insightful!!! my MIL is just like bavani mami.... i am being pampered eversince i got married by my MIL. my DH is an only son, and rather than treating me as an outsider trying to steal her son, my MIL had started showering love and affection on me and treated me like a daughter to her. I feel blessed.

Thank you for once again reminding me how blessed I am.

Beautifully written... loved reading it.

4. mithila kannan

Dear Akila,
    Please remove nazar for both of you,I said it in fun,I don't believe in nazar.I feel very happy for you and Iam sure that when your turn comes,you will make a loving MIL a role model for other mils.
    love
    mithilamma

5. mithila kannan

Dear mukal,
    You are ight.We can not expect all homes to be like that of Bhavani mami.There are MILs who are tough nuts to crack.Situations differ,people behave in different ways to more or less similar situations.While some lucky dils get their hb's support,there are many who do not get moral support also.If under depressing situations,trying circumstances,if a young bride could have maintained her cool and behaved in a matured manner,hats off to her.She richly deserves praise from all at home.
    love
    mithila

6. mithila kannan

My dear Happy,
    You will ofcourse make a wondeful MIL with a kind heart like that.
    I really appreciate those mesmering words my dear.
    Thanks
    love
    mithila

7. mithila kannan

My dear kavitha,
    No doubt it is very difficult to forget,even though one may try and forgive in due course of time,the insults on them.
    It takes years for the wounds to heal.Happy to know that you had a heart magnanimous enough to accept your mil as she is and try and change what little you could with your patience and perseverence.
    May God bless you.
    May you alwys have only sunny days in your life.
    love
    mithila

8. mithila kannan

My dear shrikha,
    Thanks for those lovely words of appreciation.
    Iam sure you will make a great MIL with that cheerful nature of yours.
    In the meanwhile concentrate on the young man.Let him grow up to be a kind,caring,affectionate person.He will ,with you to guide him.
    love
    mithila

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Mithila madam

I just cant express in words how happy I was to read about such wonderful MILs and DILs who had a great time together...to some extent I remembered my mother as she is such a great MIL to my SIL (my brothers wife..)...sometimes i myself get a bit jealous about how my mom treats my SIL (as I never got such a treatment from my own MIL) but however....I always tell my brother and friends..one girl less of having MIL problems..am happy for her...

such a nice letter to a daughter...really gives hope, patience and perseverance to all DILs.

thank you for such a wonderful letter

10. mithila kannan

My dear srividya,
    Thank you for that fb.
    You are a great "One person less of mil issues" is the nicest way of exprssing your love for your brother and sister in law.
    I can understand your felings.I went through a lot when I was a new bride,God at that time gave me a heart that was like a mirror and reflected all that I had to hear.I had to be patient since I did not want to burden my mother with my problems,there was no other go.Now the same sils are so very nice to me.More than anything else my dh has understood the real mythili ,and his love is all that I require at this stage .
    You are going to be absolutely fine .
    love
    mithila