1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Old Umbrella....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knbg, Mar 22, 2013.

1. mahiramki

mahiramki Gold IL'ite

awesome.....

1 person likes this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi

A gift from Father is always precious.Let your dream come true .very touching lines.

2 people like this.
  3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC,
    Thanks , Thanks , many thanks for those beautifully worded ( though very lavish....) feedback.............Bow
    I am ............:drowning:spin:queen.....:thankyou2:

4. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Bhargavi,

You might have felt like a warrior drawing the Bengal parasol from the scabbard and swirling it against Zeus - during those days of downpour- being the intrepid woman! And with the water-proof canopy (yes yes..I didn't miss from inside) and er...am sure it was pellet ejecting ferrule to tackle the road-side-ruffians, cringing Quartermaster with your imperial brolly and its multitude of functions.

Oh sweety, that was a nice read and can understand how much it was a part of you while growing up. If not anyone I know the pride in owing one as I was bereft of that prerogative in my childhood.

Before you lance at my mom (I know you would take my side :)), I lost 4 umbrellas in a year when I was at school in Grade 7 that my mom banned even the mention of 'umbrella' at home! That explains why most of my childhood was spent eyeing insouciant souls like you who splashed in poodles hoisting the pride of shower - 'umbrella'. Ow! Am not going to deluge you with tears with my woeful tale since you don't have your weapon to protect..;-)

Enjoyed it thoroughly Bhargs..

In the corner of that room, neatly folded in pleats, clasped tightly, upright majestically, wizened in fluff, patched in dust here and there, there it is swelling in pride at the ode paid by its beloved owner!

4 people like this.
  5. knbg

Dear Appu,
    Good to see you here soul sis....:)
    Thank you.....:)...and exactly....
    Just the syllable 'ma'....laden with love, care, affection and blessings ,coming from miles away ......is enough to make us melt......and we would be speechless......we are indeed blessed with those lovely dads........:)

1 person likes this.
  6. knbg

Thankyou dear Mahiramki...........:)

7. knbg

Dear Periamma,
    Glad to see you here....Thank you very much for your sweet words and affectionate blessings...........:)

8. knbg

Hey Utts,

Thanks for gracing the thread by your terriffic FB, which by itself is a beautiful snippet.....

The above line made me curious..n..:confused2:...and then decided , ooopsie, this girl belonged to the 'rain-coat era'.......as rain coats were so trendy and 'in' during my high school and senior secondary years....( you must have just started pre-school then, my baby......:))

That's beauuuutifulll................in your unique, sweet way.......:bowdown:thumbsupBow

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Bhargavi,

What a wonderful write up of an Umbrella gifted to a loving daughter by a loving dad. Be it an inanimate object or a living being, the time spent and bonding make the relationship much stronger. Like dad swelling with pride when the little girl becomes a maiden, get married and find her own nest, the umbrella would feel very happy to see the little girl back at home as a fully grown up woman running her own nest. Only the physical presence is mortal and the reminiscence of our wonderful experiences are immortal and encrypted.

If the loving gift from dad is precious, so is the bonding between the umbrella and the girl. If Dad longs for seeing her little girl, so does the umbrella. The little girl (now grown up woman) looks forward to spending time equally with dad as well as with umbrella.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  10. NEESHAH

NEESHAH Silver IL'ite

Well knbg, a truly touching post.You made me cry.

Fathers are Fathers,
    But they can be Mothers.

Mothers are Mothers,
    But they can be Fathers.

Others are others,
    They can only be sisters and brothers.

1 person likes this.