1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Old Couple & I - In Shocking Sojourn

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Thyagarajan,
    Being a witness to death under tragic circumstances leaves an indelible scar in your memory.I faced a similar but different situation when I carried my neighbour[had an electric shock] and drove him down to the hospital.He died on the way and declared brought dead.His wife who was also in the car became hysterical and cried that I had killed her husband.I did not react understanding her state of mind and shock.I made sure that post mortem was done and all legal formalities were strictly complied with.My wife and I took her to the HR and MD of the company and explained her precarious situation with two school going children and managed to get good compensation based on eligibility and compassionate grounds.
    You have vividly brought the scene before my eyes to make me respond in detail of a difficult situation I faced.
    Regards SLN

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

OK... here is some fake etymology for you:
    The phrase "hop in" used to describe getting into a conveyance may have come from the precaution not to (electrically) ground the highly charged vehicle by stepping into it from a rainy puddle. :tonguewink:

Leap is very different from Hop.

upload_2020-1-9_14-22-18.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear sln,
    Thank you. I am delighted to see you visiting this old thread.
    2. What you had stated about being a witness to instant death is quite true indeed. That scene haunted me for quite long; and I even avoided that place for many months taking circuitous route to drive to Kandivali plant via Chembur diamond garden and highway near railway siding to fertiliser corporation in Chembur/Trombay.
    3. I am glad to note you had acted humanely from the time of witnessing the accident till in securing a reasonable compensation from the corporate to the affected family.
    4. I am hard-pressed for time and hence my responses are far and few between, short and delayed or late.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    Regards.
    God- the Almighty at close proximity to guide the old - human at heart, responsible in gestures, simple in living & high in thinking.