1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Invisible Thread

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Aug 7, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The bull dance was famous in a certain kingdom. Those who wanted to participate had to pass a test which consisted of finding one's way thro a complicated maze.There was a monster inside the maze.The person had to win over the monster,which was relatively easy compared to coming out of the complicated web.
    The princess of the kingdom was in love with a man,whom she wanted to pass the test. She gave him a fine golden thread. She held one end of it and tied the other end to the man's waist.The thread was invisible to others.The man went into the maze, killed the monster,retraced his source with the help of the thread,,participated in the bull dance & won the princess's hand.

The story which looks simple,is of great philosophical significance.

The monster represents the 'the enemy within'-irrational fears and anxieties that make us feel incompetent to face the challenges.The bull represents 'danger'.The complicated maze represents our mundane desires and pre occupations which distract us from the real goals of life.
    The thin golden thread is the invaluable spiritual aid of 'faith' and 'trust'

We face our inner fears and worldly temptations with the help of practising 'spirituality'.Thus we can emerge from the dark regions of doubt to the festive stage of dance,music and marriage.

The secret is the golden thread ,the spiritual bond invisible to every one except the'seeker' and the'sought',connecting the two with a strong unbreakable cord.
    jayasala42

2. jayasala42

This story is in celebration of the tracing of the earlier thread successfully by the adminstrators,IL ,on request made by Shri Cheeniya Sir.This is a thanksgiving thread .
    My sincere thanks to the Adminstrators and Cheeniya Sir.
    jayasala42

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Congratulations on getting your IL ID back. What a way to celebrate getting it back! The essence of right living is conveyed in a simple story so well. Sometimes, I feel we are running around close to the circumference of the circle for years and years to find the central point of the circle. The world is the circle filled with fears and anxieties and if we cut across those fears and anxieties in the track of the radius, we will get quickly to the center of the circle which is the spiritual path to the divine center.

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The story confirms my view on spirituality. It is the opposite pole of religion and unfounded beliefs propagated by it as truths. In religion you take refuge in a prison made of rites , rituals and beliefs believing it to be a safe house that protects you from your fears while spirituality is freedom and travelling after conquering the fears.

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  5. jayasala42

Thank you viswa.Due to Cheeniya Sir's good offices,I could revive my identity.
    The story that i read somewhere came in handy.
    jayasala42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. jayasala42

Dear Balaji,
    There is always a great difference between religion and spirituality.You have caught the point right.
    jayasala42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

But who turned into the invisible thread? (Though you claim it to be spirituality)
    Cheeniya Sir is.
    IL Administration is the Maze
    @ramasala is ....seeker & the sought.
    Result is the spiritual princess @jayasala42 .
    Congratulations to invisibles and visibles in restoring the pristine glorious name.

8. jayasala42

It was a surprise yesterday when I received mail from both the Administration and Cheeniya Sir. Even after that, I had a problem in logging in for a few minutes.When it started working I wanted to shout'eureka'.Then I thought of conveying my thanks through a snippet.There was a spark about this story which I read ten years back and I could easily connect it with spirituality,thanks to Shri Viswa for having trained us for the past five years to visualise normal things with a lens of spirituality.

Actually I had this idea of yours only in mind while writing the snippet but purposely omitted associating the metaphor.Glad that you have got the thread so easily.
    Anyway, I have come out of the maze and got back the identity.Actually there was no monster ,but only a small worry that I have to replace 'jaya' with rama.Now the victory- 'jaya' is back with a bang.What better way can there be to celebrate the victory other than conveying thanks through a snippet that most suited the occasion?

jayasala42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Good that you got it back, triumph of technology. The story tells it all. This universe is a maze and we need Divya Chakshu to have a glimpse of it.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. jayasala42

Thank you Harilakhera Sir.
    jayasala 42