1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An incident that sharpened my survival skills.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Two years back my close friend from hyderabad invited me for her silver wedding anniversary.
    I jumped at the chance of meeting my college mates after a long time and booked my flights online.It was my
    first trip alone on a flight and my family tried to dissuade me but i was adamant to go ahead with it
    .The D day arrived.My Dh dropped me at chennai airport and I went and boarded the flight without
    a hitch .So far so good i thought and niece was there at the hyderabad airport to receive me and take me
    home.Had fun gossipping and chatting with our family members and went to the function as planned in the
    evening.The next day was my return flight to chennai ,and my friends wanted me to spend that day with them
    and promised to drop me at the airport.So i was in the hotel with my friends and got an sms from the airlines
    that the flight is running late by 2 hrs .Friends were overjoyed at this bonus time ,we had a gala time .Later I was
    dropped at the airport and i directly went to the airlines counter and got myself checked in without a problem.But just
    to be on the safe side I kept track of my co passengers in the queue before me.It was old airport at begumpet ,no TV
    announcements of flight arrivals and departures as is usual in the other airports.I felt
    jittery and started cursing myself for not listening to my family and coming unaided on this trip.Then suddenly a group
    of my copassengers got up ,started going to another gate which is very far.That surprised me and I asked one of them
    why they are moving.He said boarding gate is changed and we are supposed to go to another gate to board the flight.
    My self confidence at a low ebb ,i thought i misunderstood him .So I showed my boarding pass to an airport staff
    and asked him where to board .The staff again confirmed what the other co passenger told me .I rushed to the boarding
    gate so fast that would have made P.T.Usha hang her head in shame.At last i am on the flight and heaved a sigh of
    relief and thanked my lucky stars .I am back to chennai successfully.Kudos to me ,right?what do you say readers?

2. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Dear vijji
    I can visualise the whole scene scenario and kudos to you definetly for your managing the situation so well and i feel sorry for u that you dint beat PT Usha..
    love
    radha

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Viji
    Even I had same nervousness when I travelled alone by flight for the first time.But with so many people around us so willing to help and guide how can we ever be lost:)

4. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear radha,
    Thanks for agreeing with me :p.Even i was sorry i cudn't beat usha.
    vijji

5. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear ami here,
    You are right.Still i do feel apprehensive venturing out alone.
    vijji

6. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Viji,

I can understand your apprehensiveness for the first trip. Now you have done it and know its not difficult. It would have given you confidence to take on situations on you own.:idea

7. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Vijji,

So you did it! I am sure this has boosted your self-esteem no end...

Way to go, Vijji!

LnBBHs,
    Padma

8. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Padma,
    It sure did.Now i am frequently travelling alone of cos not always by flights but trains .I am still trying to better myself.thanks for the encouragement.
    vijji

9. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

thats a nice blog, viji, it was fun reading it. :)

10. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Thanks crazywriter.
    vijji