An exotic food remains exotic only as long as you do not prepare it at home !

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by darmesh, Mar 23, 2014.

1. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

That was the whole point of starting this thread. Thanks for understanding that !

Very much true ! 'Take away' (bringing home parcel) doesn't not have the magic !

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

I miss your point, Buddy ! You know already, I am a 'tube light', I do not understand hidden messages !!:bonk Please explain your point again ! :)

3. malinisarovar

malinisarovar Silver IL'ite

I respect your preference, but this is purely personal. There will be a group like you and another group that thinks just the opposite!

Either ways, what matters is whether the other person understands what you want. If not, just make the wife or husband understand without hurting them.

4. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Yes. Yes. Very much possible !:)

5. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

I agree with you Darmesh. The wife's love and care for the family apart, taking the family out for dinner also gives a chance to the hubby to 'pamper' his wife (something which most women seem to like) with very little chance of going wrong :bonk
    And it's good to give the wife a respite from the kitchen just in order to relax.

1 person likes this.
  6. kriztina

kriztina Bronze IL'ite

Hi Darmesh,

Gobi manchuri by no means is its an exotic dish, may be adding aginomoto gives it the resturant feel. Again dum biriyani it's easiest hassle free dish to prepare at home. If you go through yummytummyaarthi food blog in no time you will be a pro at cooking. We visit restaurants mainly for a change, in our case weekly once, especially the indian buffets here. That's during the weekends. Indian foods can be recreated just right at home. So are the fussion foods manchuri and the likes. I appreciate your wife who is so caring. My hubby doesnt blindly flatter me, if it's good or bad he just tells it right on my face. There ends the matter.

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I spoke almost the same thing to my mom some days back. She loves cooking, so she spends a lot of time in browsing for variety of recipes that we love to eat in the restaurants.

We love KFC chicken, but my mom fries that at home:bonk

We love certain specialized food of such specialized restaurants. Not only us, but not other restaurants can make them with the similar taste and smell. That's their specialty, but my mom tries them too.

I know, as a mom myself I can understand the reason behind her attempts. Her food are so tasty on their own way. But definitely not comparable with highly reputed restaurants.

We are happy that we get to eat health, tasty and restaurant type food frequently with cheaper price at home. But when we afford to spend on restaurants and when we have enough time for that why bother to make the same food at home?

Restaurants not only serve food, but a visit to restaurant as a family will be always refreshing. Then why not to experience them.

Above all, food is not a matter of mouth. When your mom is tired, the kitchen is messed, and the quantity is unpredictable, why bother too much. Why compete with a restaurant to show love? Instead, I would love if she had ordered something or booked a family table in a restaurant for that night.

I am not a great cook. But my regular cooking at home is always appreciated by everyone. I know I am reasonably good at that. You can't eat restaurant food all the time. Even if the restaurant is in the next door, they still need to long for a homely food. In that way, I feel precious, and I convey my love as per my specialty.

1 person likes this.
  8. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Pampering..........! "Something which most women seem to like" ?....a correction :" something which all women definitely like" ! :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Darmesh- My husband's views are complete opposite to yours. He loves it when I try new things especially his favorite restaurant food. We eat out 2-3 times every week and love going out and trying new food and restaurants. And every time we eat something we like, he asks if I can make that at home and more often than not, I do.

I am not a slave to cooking 3 times a day 7 days a week. It is something that relaxes me and it is my passion so trying new recipes keep that interest going.

1 person likes this.
  10. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Ah .. i was avoiding generalizations :biggrin2: