1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An empty plot-Garbage Collector??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MahiSree, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Hai Mindi

Thank u so much for your sweet fb...
    I always loved your posts and getting a praise from u makes me :boo:.
    Sure..would visit here often :thumbsup

~MahiSree

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

I have an idea. There is this guy who parks his car on the pavement right under my balcony. I told him once that he was violating the law. He yelled back at me: Shut up, you old fool!

Now, after reading your post, I got this bright idea as I said. Can you please courier all the garbage from your home to mine. I can dump them on the car under the balcony. If he objects, I can at least tell him: Shut up, you young fool!

:)

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hello MahiSree

Firstly Welcome to Snippets! A big hug to your MIL for the change! It is unfortunate that such habits still exist. But then I have used the wrong word here isn't it - HABIT. Very hard to change a habit but not impossible. As long as garbage does not collect inside our compound wall, it is fine. Its like closing our eyes and then saying NO IT ISN'T THERE. This is our attitude. Social responsibility has gone straight out of the window into that dump too. And the funny thing is, even if we were to have garbage bins located on the streets, we still end up throwing the waste all around the bin and not inside the bin because either the bin is over flowing and can't take anymore and nobody to clear them regularly or the bin itself is sitting upside down! It never occurs to us that we might as well take the rubbish in a waste bag and dispose it in our bin at home. Your post is a nice reminder for us to stop those habits and start thinking about others too.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  4. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Hi Ojaantrik...
    I was really :rotflon reading ur post...
    Y to courier the waste?
    Wastes from kitchen dustbin would serve the purpose hopefully:bonk
    Thanks for reading and sharing ur experience:)

5. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Hi Knot2Share,

Thanks so much dear friend...
    "Its like closing our eyes and then saying NO IT ISN'T THERE. This is our attitude" ..rightly said.

Adding to it, one person from the top floor throwed a worn-out basket made of some metal into the dump.
    I was stunned on seeing that. Wht if the poor small guys who pick papers from dump were there at that place?
    Too bad...isn't it?

6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mahisree
    you wrote very well so don't worry about any flaws....
    This dumping of garbage is so rampant all thru out Banglaore and you cursed if the plot next to yours is not is not constructed... I remember in our earlier rented house in sadashivnagar there was an empty plot in the lane, which belonged to an NRI .. not interested in property... and there were knee/ shoulder high grass growing and ofcourse was a universal dump for the entire neighbourhood.. the person whose house was on the next plot had to build one more floor and shift upstairs as the stench was too much and also there were mosquitoes and snakes/ rats etc...problems... he found it so difficult to rent out the place...
    Thank God your MIL realised her mistake... civic sense is so minimal here...
    K

7. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Thanks Kelly.:)

As u said, civic sense is very minimal all over India.
    I wonder, will a person would do the same in Foreign countries like Singapore, US, Malaya..?
    We follow their lifestyle in all possible ways which is favourable and y not their habit of keeping the earth clean?
    Question worth million dollar, i suppose!

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mahi,

You are right. People will realise their mistakes when it fires back.

So atlast the foul smell has made your MIL to search for the dustbin

Very well written dear:cheers

9. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot Raba:)

10. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mahi,

After seeing the clarity in your expression, do you really expect us to believe that this is your maiden post?? :) A very well written post that highlights a common and recurring civic irresponsibility in India. Alas, how many times have we all been witnesses to the same scene? Sigh....

Welcome to Snippets, my friend!