1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An AD that whacked me......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sriniketan,

I know the story. but did not relate it:-(.anyway all these are always nice to read. thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

So there are lot of us like this...have you tried to analyse....why?? that would be an interesting topic right???

2. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

I agree with you that it is easy to give advice to others and I have seen many people do not like to receive advice. BTW, I am also a virgonian.

What I don't like is when there is a misunderstanding between two people, others coming and giving advice to me only without ascertaining who is wrong or what is the cause of the misunderstanding. Worse is people giving sermons. I have been at the receiving end of advice whenever there is a quarrel or fight between me and another person although I have been innocent. It is making me lose faith in humanity.

Regards,

TDU

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Raman sir,

Thanks for peeping in. and good to know one more virgo.....

I dont mind mutual friends who care too much coming in between to clear off the misunderstandings...when they know both sides of the coin...

when you are innocent and not wrong, it should not affect you. (i feel so....my perspective )

Namibbakai thaan vazhkai sir, the moment you lose your faith in humanity, world starts looking different and ugly and i feel faith is not lost for small things right...??? (i know views may differ, what looks small may be a big issue for you....)

Life is too short for all this:-D

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Thanks for your kind words. You are right that nambikai than vaazhkai. Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity.

Regards,

TDU

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi raman sir,

You are welcome...romba periya varthaiyellam sollatheerkal...:confused::confused:

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shanthi,
    I truly agree with you. We should not give advice to anybody until it is asked.

But for some reason people around me thinks that they are very experienced and genius (around my same aage and even younger to me by couple of yrs) and they start giving advice on each and everything which really irritates me.

I my collage days one of my lecture used to say that 'We should not give advice or help anybody until it is asked'
    How true it is. People have very short memory and they forget what we have done good things to them.

~Punitha

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Punitha,

Thanks for stepping in...

I fully agree with your lecturer...again she gave the best advice..did you take it..:tongue.

Never expect anything when you help.....you are doing it because you want to, not because they asked you to, as you have the option of saying sorry and no....right.???

Here i disagree. experience does not come with age. experience comes with what we face in life. and if the advice is practical,sensible it is welcome even if it is from my daughter...after all ...appanuke paadam sonna subbaiah...(lord subramaniya, taught lord shiva his father).

again this is my own view......

but no advice from somebody who thinks he knows everything...but when in truth it is not so.....

8. puni88

Hello Shanthi,

I agree with you that experience does not come with age. experience comes with what we face in life.
    BUt I know those people very well and what they are upto. These people just for showing off and boss us, they tend to irritate.
    Ffor eg: my youger BIL (younger to me by 4 yrs), what does he know about feeding the new born baby and he gives me the advice about how to feed the baby and for how long to feed the baby. I felt like slapping but I have to keep quiet of my situation.

Here I am trying to convey is, we have to act according to age and situation sometimes.
    ~Punitha

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">But for some reason people around me thinks that they are very experienced and genius (around my same aage and even younger to me by couple of yrs) and they start giving advice on each and everything which really irritates me.
    Here i disagree. experience does not come with age. experience comes with what we face in life. and if the advice is practical,sensible it is welcome even if it is from my daughter...after all ...appanuke paadam sonna subbaiah...(lord subramaniya, taught lord shiva his father).

again this is my own view......

but no advice from somebody who thinks he knows everything...but when in truth it is not so.....

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi puni

sorry i can understand what you feel......

looks like your bil falls into this category....

At the same time does all that come into advice..it is something else...dont know what to name it.:bang:bang...better ignore them....(it is again easier said..than done.) and they are the ones who don't know where to draw the line. tamilla ingeetham theriyathavargal enru solvargal.... :eek.

As i have already said no two situations are alike...where subramanya where your bil...

10. puni88

Hello Shanthi,

Off course, I have adopted most of the morals in my life which my teachers/lecturers/parents/elders have taught me.

And also, we shouldn't never interfere in anybody's affairs especially husband and wives until unless we are asked.

~Punitha