1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Accountant, a flask, his wife and her tailor!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 24, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Great News To You, ILites!

Most Gracious Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am amazed at the kind of sisterhood prevailing in this great community. I wrote an one page article. Everybody read it and at the end the question that stood out in everybody's mind was "Did Indhusri got her blouses?"

My wife is quite moved by the sympathy flowing to her (on being married to an accountant whose second nature and middle name are the same - messing up) from the women all over the world.

To such kind souls I am now breaking this great news. My wife has got back the blouses, all of them intact and even the model ones too. So you can heave a big sigh of relief.

And my good wife told me that there is a good news and a bad news for her in this. What do you want to hear first?

I will tell them only if at least one soul is interested.

regards, Varalotti

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti,

Me,me,moi, naan,mein,njaan,ik,jei- in short 'I' am very interested.

i have this new rule, 'if anything can go wrong, it will go wrong. If anything cannot go wrong, (like picking up stitched blouse), then entrust it to Varalotti and it will go wrong'.

Tell us the bad news first and then the good one. All ears, agog---

3. varalotti

Vidya,
    That was an interesting (to my wife an annoying) corollary to the Murphy's law. As you preferred I am telling the bad news first.
    My wife is afraid that since I showed some other tailor's card to her usual tailor he might think that she is migrating out. And this might have an impact on the quality of his work.
    And the good news is......
    Let's wait to see if somebody else is interested.After all, as they say we can't pack both the important news in a single post.
    ha ha ha
    sridhar

4. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,
    A big sigh of relief that Indhu got her blouses intact including the model ones.
    Well let us hear the good news. Come out with it.......

On a second thought let me guess the good news.....
    the new tailor is stitching the blouses better than her old one. Any price for guessing?

5. varalotti

Hello Laxmi,
    A very good attempt, but I am afraid it is not right.
    Just read the conversation between me and my wife:

"Do you agree that blouses and tailors come and go?"
    "I do. But..."
    "Just listen."
    "Yes."
    "Do you agree that wisdom is more important that all the blouses in my wardrobe or all the tailors in the town? And that it is permanent?"
    "Yes, but what..."
    "Wait wait... You see I have now got the wisdom not to entrust any crucial task to you. That is worth more than a hundred blouses."

Now can you infer the good news?

Varalotti

6. varalotti

First Chapter of SHE Posted!

Most Gracious Ladies And Gentlemen,

The last time I had this number of butterflies in my stomach was when I went to see my CA Final results. It was in January 1982. 25 years later I am having the same trepidation as I am posting the first chapter of SHE.

Here's the link:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/7118-she-episode-1-a.html

SHE is in your hands. I am sure SHE is in safe hands, loving hands and the most caring hands of the most gracious women (and the kindest gentlemen) in the world.

Do with her what you will. And let me know what you did.

With Affectionate Regards,

varalotti

7. varalotti

What Are We Going To Do This Wednesday?

Dear ILites,

As they often say, "In response to popular demand" this Wednesdays post focusses on calling someone's bluff.

Anxiously waiting for your views and reviews.

Regards,
    Varalotti

8. varalotti

Prepare Yourselves for SHE - 2

Most Gracious ILites,
    The second chapter of SHE is almost ready. It is bound to be serious as it is part of a serious novel.
    To prepare yourselves for reading it, you may freshen up looking for answers to questions like,

How to find out whether a love letter is a fake? Is that part of CA syllabus?
    Want to know about the Senior Sri's first love?
    A plain looking woman bluffing about some eve-teasers' praising her 'beauty'. Will you have the heart to call her bluff?

Then you are welcome to
    It’s a Fake Love Letter – Varalotti’s Primer In Calling Someone’s Bluff

Have a nice time till Friday afternoon, when SHE Part 2 is due to appear.

Love,
    varalotti

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varlotti,

HAHA.The wrong shop ? Well some things the ladies do better than us men.I keep out of her jobs.The perfume one was a good one.

Yesterday evening I was feeling bored so went with wife to Crosswords, that’s recently opened.Books and Cd’s of movies.AC, damn good, my first visit there, and I was having a great time with all the CD’s old ones , and I bought about 30 of them, for around 1200 or so.

Wife wanted to buy a book, How to avoid a Heart Attack coming, I told her why u want tobuy such morbid boods, for 300/- I will get it for u from the Mumbai roadside for 50/- and she gave me the same answer, go get me now.HAHA.

Ultimately she dint buy, but that’s how ladies minds work.Great one, loved yr sense of humour, keep writing, I will keep reading.Regards.kamal

10. varalotti

Dear Kamal,

You have started doing wonders to me. By reading my old posts, you make me read them again and by your kind words of praise you stir me to write more and more for a forum which has got people of taste like you.

Many times I vow to keep out of my wife's way. But somehow the circumstances (or my wife or both)conspire to rope me in only to make a fool of myself much later.

Your experience at crosswords was quite interesting. It is a matter of great consolation for this mofussil accountant to know that not only the world is small, but it is also the same every where.

Thanks for the kind visit and the kinder words Kamalji.
    love,