1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

am i looking beautiful???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prijan, Apr 12, 2009.

1. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear all,

it was an usual visit to the beauty parlour the other day where i met this young girl "bride to be":).she looked nervous ,quite fidgety with mobile phone in her hand listening to advice from her friends amidst the parlour people instructing her not to move her hand,her body.my friend,shilpa who owho owns the parlour was shaping her makeup to perfection, sighed up and said "15 minutes dear and i would come to you". i waved her back and asked her to take her own time. every 10th minute there was an sms from her would be husband asking whether things are o.kay .from her replies i could make that he was reassuring her that everything is going to be o.kay.:coffee

she was very eager that her make up suited her as shilpa meticulously looked at each and every aspect and instructing her assistants accordingly.every tenth minute this young girl would turn up and ask shilpa, "aunty,am i looking beautiful?? i should lookmore pretty than vikram".she turned to my side and smiled at me sheepishly. i told her "sweet heart ,u are looking great and dont worry ,your would be would not able to take his eyes off you".
    she couldnt control her smile and thanked me and again asked,aunty ,am i looking great??"
    "perfect". i said.her friends were giggling and smiling at her nervous reactions.the smell of fresh jasmines wafted all around us and the final touch up was given with a golden red lehenga shimmering in the light.
    her mehendi in deep red added to her attire and she was glowing in her dress getting ready for the important day in her life.
    her friend ushered in to say car decked with flowers is ready to take her to the wedding hall.one of shilpas assistant came near me to say that she is ready to attend me .i told her to wait because the excitementBig Laugh caught hold of all of us who were present there.i turned to the young bride and wished her all the best.i added ,"dear ,you are looking amazing andbeautiful and i wish your married llife is goiing to be great". she smiled and thanked me.her innocent and sweet smile:) still lingered on even after
    i returned to my home .
    my daughter who opened the door was amused at seeing my smiling face,:)
    she doesnt know how i imagined my lovely daughters face ,imagining her in a red wedding saree although i still have years and years to reach that stage.i couldn"t control my smile.i turned to lord krishnas photo :bowdown,and in my mind i prayedto him...let your good will prevail and let the wonderful happen in my life to as i get my little doll married...

prijan

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear,
    Ofcourse every bride will be anxious abt her beauty. It is normal to think of the daughters one day in bridal wear.

You did well by reassuring the bride of her beauty and the blessings bestowed.

Jaya

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear,
    you have made the bride to gain self confidence which would make her more beautiful!. sure, your daughter will also look like an angel in her bridal costume.
    with love
    pad.

4. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

thanks jaya,the excitement caught hold of me too.

5. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

thanks pad,

nice to read your reply.it is everymothers dream to see her daughter in a wedding saree.

6. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

thankyou jaya and padmini,
    you both made my day.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

What more can I say after Jaya and Padmini ma'am..
    You had made that bride to be more beautiful..in turn you also became a wonderful person..sure you daughter would be like that too..Priya.

sriniketan

8. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

thankyou sriji,
    your words are a great encouragement,and i will always try to bring some joy ,in who ever i meet.thankyou so much.

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Reading your post made me to think about my betrothal and wedding... Yes ofcourse, the words from you would have definitely encouraged her and she would have looked more confident and beautiful too....

Love,
    Vidyaa

10. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

I can understand the excitement that bride...had..
    i will be having taht excitemetn in another 2 weeks :).....hope everythg goes fine..