1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Being Too Old School??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Caide, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Trends has been changing gradually and the trends has been named differently as 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's years pass. Be it songs,movies, nowadays even proposals, relationships are categorised under those.

Trendsetter's, fashionistas are playing major role here and the views ,Shares make us look more into it and it has become ocean where we can quench our thirst by selecting the things. And even selection has various choices of seas and rivers under it.

I like changing trends be it relationship,fashion,movie, interesting food items etc., But I have certain views on it.

I am 90's kids. That too 1994. So, my views are as below:

1. Relationship:

I love love stories. But .. it didn't suit me. You know I always wanna enjoy singles life till marriage. And you know common problem, my parents didn't restrict me from talking to boys as they trust me. Then?? How come I will fall in love?? I dint get that interest .. And moreover my parents checked with me and my sisters whether we have any likeness towards anyone before proceeding with arrange marriage. So, before my marriage talks start, I had general idea that they are not against love marriage then how come I will get an idea to fall in love??

So, as far as this old school topic , I am ok with love marriage but unlike this fast running world with dating app and matrimony sites where you can have convo with anyone, I don't like to be too attached to have romantic conversation with my DH when he was my fiancee.

First I was scared, what if what really if happens if something goes wrong and if this marriage didn't happen. I don't wanna get hurt.

Second, I wanna know him more and get romantically involved after marriage because If it is love marriage I would have idea about him very well and there will be very less to know and communicate.

Third, i didn't want to meet him without my parents knowledge after engagement( this is what spices up love isn't it?) Actually ours is very quick marriage and we started to text only after a day after our engagement. And in two months we got married.

Fourth, our conversation :BangHead: oh please you won't wanna know as my DH really tried to make me talk with him in romantic way but :BangHead::BangHead: poor guy still he is feeling.

2. Fashion

I try latest trends. When I was kid, nighties, nighties nighties what ruled everyone's house. But now skirts,shorts and more. And chudidhar has now become kurtas,kurta sets, Kurtas with dupatta,kurtas with Palazzo pant. My childhood memories has chudidhar with dupatta and pant MATERIAL :biggrin:. Readymade was almost like
    Chudithar material which needed full alteration.:hollering:

But now even saree,saree blouse are available in readymade with perfect fit. And only Problem is choicesssssss......

My old school problem,

First, No No say No to :nono: transparency dress. And if unknowingly bought one, get lining stitched to it.

Second, wear dupatta no matter what or shrugs for tops. :nut:

Third, wear both top innerwares even if sweats. And no no if it is made visible outside the dress. I feel really embarrassed. But it doesn't bother me if others are ok with it.

Fourth, straight cut dress go with Palazzo. No no to leggings:smash2::thinking:

Fifth , buy many dress in low budget and use for short term .then buy new dress aagain and look fashionable. Why to buy costly dress and feel bad if it get worn off after two to three wash And you didn't fit in.

3. Movies

From my relationship view, don't think I am into love story movies :nono:. Horror,thriller, sci fi movies is what I love more.

But the idea of being kissed makes you pregnant really is funny statement of that time. Nowadays every movie has minimum one kiss scene. If I am alone I don't feel shy to watch it but if anyone is around I really feel so shy. :facepalm::facepalm:

5. Food

My childhood memory is full of sambaR,idli,dosa,kaara kulambu. But now pizza,burger. Even I am ok with it, that too Maggie (I am stopped having it now), two min Maggie in a pan. Now?? Cup noodle , instant food :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: .

Birthday cake?? Just a baked cake but now barbie doll (anna,Elsa and watmore) even bomb cake.

My old school views though it is time consuming it's better to cook than using instant food. And cakes.. :dev14: get something which can be used by both than to eat.

I am opting for new trend but doing it in my way. Am I being too old school? No no no:nono: I am being comfortable with my choice and no regrets about it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    Madhurima21, messedup and iyerviji like this.