1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alphabetic Advice

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

:hello: Alphabetic advice :hello:

A B C
    Avoid Boring Company..
    D E F
    Don't Entertain Fools..
    G H I
    Go for High Ideas .
    J K L M
    Just Keep a friend like ME..
    N O P
    Never Overlook the Poor n suffering..
    Q R S
    Quit Reacting to Silly tales..
    T U V
    Tune Urself for ur Victory..
    W X Y Z
    We Xpect You to Zoom ahead in life

RatnaMalliswari likes this.

2. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello sir
    Interesting,quick way to remember everything without forgetting.
    Regards
    Ratna

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Dear RM,

Thank you for your comments.

There are numerous standard mnemonics and many knew at least one in English and probably few in their own tongue.

My dad taught me several mnemonics for remembering & recalling many formulae and science facts during my student days. For example the order of the planets starting from farthest to nearest planet to sun.

My very excited mother just served us nine pies.
    (First letter of each word is clue for name of planet).

Since Pluto has been removed from planet status, there's a new mnemonic device that doesn't include it:
    My very educated mother just served us noodles.

One remembers colour of the rainbow. One even remember the order in which it occurs (ROY B. GIV).

In Tamil we have numerous mnemonics; for remembering the inauspicious hours of each day of the week( Raghu Kalam) there is a phrase.
    In pitman short hand to remember vowel sounds thick and thin and it’s placement, I was taught two mnemonics.
    That pen is not mine & Pa May We All Go Too.

One can develop mnemonics to suit his nativity. But associating known things with new things to remember seems too good. Like number of articles in a picture, in a map etc. phone, insurance policy, ans of maths problems et al used to be remembered using these techniques in the past. But now-a-day’s children are not interested to know these methods to remember because of the habit of googling away everything.

Certain magic shows in playing cards use to have a particular arrangement of the thirteen cards. The arrangement is remembered using mnemonics.

Thanks and apologies for your patience in reading this response to your comment.
    Regards.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    RatnaMalliswari likes this.
  4. RatnaMalliswari

Hello sir
    I would like to Thank You for sharing what you learnt from your father,I am fortunate to learn from you via this platform,I love learning new things.I do make lot of mnemonics in my subject,I feel it's easiest way to learn and remember for long time.No apologies,I will read what ever length post or feedback you give.For me learning is important.
    Regards
    Ratna

5. RatnaMalliswari

Hello sir,
    In regard to our conversation to your post,I remembered one thing I did to learn tamil.
    To tell this english line when did you come
    You know how did I remember it Ni yappa when they go,just for sounding I remembered tamil sentence in English.I love to talk tamil,some how I got little bit tamil.I managed myself during my visit to Chennai.I understand,but feel difficulty to talk.I do watch tamil movies,recipe shows,and ofcourse I cook also.
    Thank you for making me to remember all my child hood hacks.
    Regards
    Ratna