All the Properties in DH name - Please advise

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Mylifeatusa, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Mylifeatusa

Mylifeatusa Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Please help me evaluate the situation.

I have been married from last 7 yrs. DH was still studying when I was married so not much savings in first 2 yrs. Later after having a baby, I stayed in India for 8 months did some training moved back to US.

After coming back I got good job in IT and we are able to save good chunk of our salaries (matter of fact my salary is 50 % more than what dh made and I did 2 jobs for 6 monts). In 2013 dh went to Inida to invest our savings in real estate. To my surprise he registedred all the properties in his name ( close to 1 cr), Just put one small plot worth of 5 lacs in my name.

The reason he stated is it will be tough to finish legal formalities when we actually want to sell them for our kids educatio in future like every time we both needs to travel for signatures and stuff. I was ok with it.

And we are planning to buy a home by end of 2016 in US which will obviously in my name as I have to take loan as im a full time employee, and he is saying all the properties in India are equal to our home on USA, so why are you worrying !!!

ladies, please advise if this set up is looking ok to you guys or I'm believing him foolishly by keeping all propeties in Inida on his name.

P.S - We dont have any major differences between us and my dh dont waste any money or do anything with out discussing with me and he is also focusing on kids future only, I'm just asking in terms of securing my and kids future.

THX.

2. Mylifeatusa

No replies ????????????

3. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Why r u worried??

U r buying property on ur name next year ..

Dont think so much .. take life as it comes..

1 person likes this.
  4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

The property should be in both of your names especially when you have both contributed to it. Next time you go to India and invest in some property in your name - or select some investment in US.

5. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

i think it is ok unless and untill u know his love n intension are pure.
    in case u have doubt just think again and if still u get ans yes then make sure that u register in both name.
    i think sometime we ourselves make confusion. i guess u must be knowing him properly in these years. so if you have doubt have stand on it or else leave it and live positively

6. veenago

veenago Bronze IL'ite

if I am you , I would pray and thank god for good health than any thing else.give importance to man than money.

7. Mylifeatusa

Thank you Ladies for your replies ... I think i'm thinking too much, my dh is very good at heart and he loves me and kids so much and dont waste any money.....So I'm good for now and future investments I will make sure some of them in my name.

1 person likes this.