1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All that we behold is full of blessings. William Wordsworth

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 1, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful words for life

Every step you take should be a prayer. And if every step you take is a prayer,
    then you will always be walking in a sacred manner.

Oglala Lakota Holyman

Difficulties are an attempt by God to change our minds
    But prayers are an attempt by us to change God's mind

Making everyone happy is not in our hands
    but being happy with everyone is definitely in ourhands

Today when my cooking was over by 7.30 a.m. I was just thinking of my grandmother and mother . They used to get up at 5.00 a.m. , take bath,light the diya, do the cooking, while cooking only they used to say Lalita Sahasranamam and other prayers and by the time they finish all their work it will be 7 a.m.

Those days they never used to have breakfast and second time coffee. By 10 a.m. they used to finish their lunch , 2 pm Coffee and we used to eat and go while going to school and take some snacks for lunch in school , mostly it will be idli with milagapodi spread on the idli and not in a tiffin box but in a thooku. No water bottle. Evening we used to come home thinking what tiffin grandmother would have made. My grandmother was a mother to all of us inlcuding my mother. My mother was like our elder sister wanting her mother always with her. She was a very simple person always saying the prayers whole day whenever she is free. We never had to do anythign because both were there. Grandmother would cook yummy food and our mother would serve us. Even when we used to take bath our mother only will give us our clothes because she used to follow madi. and aacharam. My grandmother was a little modern but my mother would follow everything.

They never had the modern faciliities, they had to grind in ammi or attukkal and wash the clothes themselves and never used to keep a servant in the earlier days , everything they used to do themselves. But later only they started keeping servants when their children started earning.

Some of the things taught by them I also follow , so do cooking after taking bath only. Dont touch any clothes till my cooking and praying to God , archana on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and offering neivedyam to God and offering to the crow. I am happy that when I offer cooked rice to crow, it immediately comes and has it. Sometimes it comes in the afternoon also when we are eating.

Those days on first of every month the ladies used to wait to get the pay packet by the male members and then pay the amounts wherever they had spent money. Now a days credit cards are there and whenever it is required it is used.

Having somewhere to go is Home. Having someone to love is Family.. Having both is a Blessing

A few years' experience will convince us that those things which at the time they happened we regarded as our greatest misfortunes have proved our greatest blessings.

George Mason

2. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you Viji. It brought back my old memories.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Malti dear thanks for makin gmy day and making me happy with your first fb. I was thinking so many views no comment

4. abhapm

abhapm Bronze IL'ite

It was good to read your blog.....when elderly people follow certain traditions and acharams..they do it with a certain belief and not like many in todays generation who do for doing sake..well not all though..but one thought set me thinking..do we really tell prayers to change Gods's mind...No ..I think.....and that is not possible..everything is destined.....we can only become stronger with our prayers and belief to face the difficulties ...well this is my thought....its the belief that everythin will be ok....that will make everything ok.........

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Abha dear for the late reply. I was notcoming to blogs so did notnotice your fb. Thanks for the same.Thanks for sharing your views