1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

'Alarming' call!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Srini,

Your daughter's case reminds me of my son. He was in the hostel (working as an intern) , he used to 3-4 alarm clocks. 1) handphone which will be kept at his bedside tuned to say 6.00 am 2) another clock on the table tuned to 6.10 am 3) another will be in the bathroom tuned to 6.20 am .
    He can handle the 1 & 2 from his bed while the 3 he has to get up & walk to B.room by then his eyes would have parted a little.
    While at home his mom ( yours sincerely) is the alarm to wake him. As to me if i programme my mind i can get up in time , no programming iam nidra devi's darling daughter especially from 4.30 am.
    May God bless you.
    Jaya

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear sini mam...

I'm the one who has to get up by 4.30am.... just can't snooze the alarm coz if 5 mins if it delayed everything will be hurry so better get up at that time... Dh tries to snoozes ..so i mostly try to keep the mobile away from bed so that to switch off we need to get up... obvious once you get up you wont feel like sleeping again...

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Jaya,
    I liked the idea of 3-4 alarm clocks..of your son...hope it didn't wake up the collegues there..:)
    My Aunt once told me that if you think of the time you had to get up, and repeatedly think of that before going to sleep..it will register in your sub-conscious mind and you will be awake at the time you need to..
    I am practicing that...and it helps me too..

sriniketan

4. Sriniketan

Nice idea, Vahee...maybe I should try it in my daughter's case..Big Laughkeeping the alarm off her bedside..
    I fully agree with you that if you get up late..everything gets messed up!

sriniketan

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

HAHA.Good one, and i will tell u what happens to me, or with me.

I used to buy alarm clocks which used to keep me awake thru the night with their tick tock noise.

The mobile is god sent with the snooze, whioch rings every 5 minutes onnce again, and it takes me half an hour to finally rise up, Harsha gets irritated really, as she is meditating at that time, and since it is cold here in jaipur, and i have two blankets over me, sometimes i dont hear, and she gets bugged.

So i am as bad or good as yur daughter, but finally i amange to get up, and get ready to feed the dogs, and take them out for walks, poor things.

Regards.kamal

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Srini
    Another interesting post about alarming...........hahaha
    Instead of your daughter getting up she make the whole house awake with the sound.
    Thank God it is not so at my place yes DH and Ds both use the alarm clock DS wakes up as soon as it rings but DH off's the snooze and goes off to sleep for another 5 minutes but wakes up immediately.
    As for me I don't need before going to bed if I pray i need to get up at so and so time God helps me in this matter exactly at that time I wake up and this is from my childhood. My dad has put this habit in me. It suprises sometimes for some how can you wake up exactly at the correct time. I just tell them God helps me in waking me up[​IMG]

7. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi
    Very interesting post . enjoyed reading your daughters experiments with the snooze button.

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srini,

It was fun reading the "alarming" post and FBs. Big Laugh
    I was imagining you running around the clock mentioned by AC :rotfl.

I usually wake up at the time intended...but not to take risk, I use the alarm clock...and sometimes wake up before the ring goes, as if to remind the clock about it..

Regarding the alarm working only for the "owner"...I guess, we can have something like a ring or bangle worn by the person, programmed to tickle :crazy him/her , at a set time:rotfl:rotfl...This way the others around will not be disturbed...and that particular person cannot continue sleeping for long.

Hee hee, let me stop, before I start getting crazy ideas..

Bye

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  9. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Srini, Again another interesting and humorous post from you. Your title was quite alarming:)

We don't have kids so am spared from the alarms.

2 of my BILs were studying ( thier post graduation) away from home and were living together in a 2BHK apartment. One of the BIL would put an alarm and go to sleep ...but it was the other BIL who had to walk to the next room to shut it off as the one who had kept the alarm slept like a kumbhakarna.

Another of my DHs cousin sister has this weird habit of studying late in the night. Weird because her timings are such she will sleep early and tell her mom and sis to wake her up at 1 in the morning so she can study for a couple of hrs. So these 2 keep alarm to wake her up. again after sometime she will call them i am going to sleep wake me up at 4.30. Poor fellas these 2 stay awake the whole night with just glimpses of sleep and the younger one goes to sleep with no worries.bonk

10. Sriniketan

Kamalji,
    Poor Harshaji, even in those early hours, your alarm is not helping her to meditate peacefully..:)
    So you do early morning walks with your Tuffy and Bingo...with the help of alarm only...

sriniketan