1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Air Travel for 28Hrs with 7 month old - Plz Help

Discussion in 'Infants' started by PriKir, Mar 15, 2010.

1. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

Dear ILs,
    I need to travel with my 7 months old daughter via Air to US. It will be approx 26-28hrs travel with Transit. Please advise some recipes/food that can be given for her while traveling. Also, we may need to stay in hotel for initial 6-7 days. What can be given to her at that time. Myself and my DH are clueless and are very much worried abt this travel. Also guide me about precautionaries to be taken. Please help.

Dear Moderartors,
    Please guide if this kindof post is already there.

Thanks in advance.

2. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

Priya...how r you and your LO?? nice to see you here after a while..you travelling to US?? I am travelling India this week!! worried about the same..still planning to take some diapers, gerber veggies and fruit purees, spoons, formula powder (you can get boiled water in the flight), few pairs of clothes, one baby blanket, 1-2 towel to spread while diaper changing, tylenol, moisturizer (smaller than 3oz), 2-3, wash clothes,2-3 socks, few plastic bags for soiled items..thats all i can remeber to keep in my hand baggage..take care and have a great trip..

3. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

did you check if the hotel you stay here has a kitchen?? if not, why dont you request for one with that..if they say a suite, it must have a kitchen..atleast one with a microwave..so that you can buy mineral water and boil it in the microwave..you can get baby cereal and and all ready to feed veggies n fruit purees in all grocery shops here. look at the baby section..

4. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

First of all relax and enjoy your trip. Your baby will feed off of your anxiety and she will also stress out if her parents doing the same.

Now for food: Take some biscuits and snacks that you have already been giving her. remember that fruit and vegetables are not allowed on international flights so leave those at home. Bring dry baby cereal and ask the Air Hostess (AH) to heat up some water for you so that you can feed your baby. Also bring dry milk powder...you can ask the AH to bring warm water for that also.
    Make sure you tell your travel agent that you are traveling with a baby so that they can reserve a basinet for the baby.
    Also bring extra diapers and clothes in case she gets a bit dirty. Bring an extra outfit for you and DH also in your carryon. Trust me, if she get you dirty, you will welcome a fresh pair of pants or shirt. Bring along some toys for her to play with - but nothing that makes too much sound.
    Have a safe trip and enjoy