Aha and unexpected moments in life

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by iyerviji, Apr 18, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Life without some sort of amusement would be dull and dreary and not worth living

Let us share our aha moments in life and also some incidents which have happened unexpectedly

Our first experience in life, our first experience in interview, our first meeting with a friend, anything which has brought smile in our face and made us happy.

Let me start. My first experience in life which made me happy is when I was six years old my grandmother took me to Pune where my uncle(who is actually my grandmother's brother's in law's son but since he did not have mother, my grandmother only brought
    him up and he was very attached to my grandmother)
    Though I dont remember everythign which happened that time since I was very young. Some faint memmories are there. I have heard my uncle telling also that I never used to talk much and I was a very quiet child. That was my first aha moment in my life staying with my grandmother,uncle and aunty without my parents.

2. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

hai viji ma!!

i would like to share my aha moment here!!
    it happened in the second year of my college!! it was a function for the start up of consumer club in engineering college that too first time in my college!!

the organiser was my first year class councier who was very attached to my sincerity!! so he just said me to take care of everyththing!!
    at home i wont even sometimes do my work but ther from starting laying rangoli, arranging girls for singing,arranging food for the guest,lighting the kuththuvelakku,giving momento to the guest everything was me!! i was about to run here and there!!

after the guest lecture was over my chairman was speaking i was just sittng relaxed that 95% of my work got over just the national anthem was left over!! suddenly the chairman called someone to speak what they came to know about consumerism after the guest speech!!

no one stood up and suddenly my chemistry maam who just sat next to me pushed me to the stage to speak!! as i am not so familiar in speaking at dias i was just scared all way!! but after started speaking my fear has reduced and i was normal!! there was a big applast for me!!

but after that one month appa i can't stop laughing now also if i think of that!! whereever i go guys use to comment like something example if i go to canteen a boy will say "master neenga podra coffee la niraya kalappadam"
    for that other one will say"paravaalla machi idho namma consumer club senior member irukkaanga we can complain to them"

even though i was not able to show my face that one month it is one of my aha moments!!!!:thumbsup

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

My Aha moment was when I first held my newborn in my arms.

I doubt I would succeed in expressing the exact feeling in words. But I can feel it so vivid, while I am trying to pen it down here.

There were no elders from either side family to help us with the delivery. It was just my DH and I in the hospital. Some of our friends were in the waiting room for moral support. And that's about it.

I did not think DH would be the type who can handle the sight of delivery, blood, operation etc. I was very confident that I can very well manage it all alone. So throughout the pregnancy, I gave him the option of waiting outside the delivery room to minimise his trauma. But he opted to stay in. And he did!

I was so mentally prepared that I managed to degrade the screaming to a mumble through the bitten lips. Towards the end, my DH was all exhausted. Finally the baby was born. My DH kissed me on the forehead with such a relief , joy, pride and passion.

The doctor placed the little one on my chest. WOW! The touch.. that feel.. the tender warmth of the baby.. I had this wonderful feeling from within. Guess that was the 'AHA' feeling..

In a shortwhile, the nurse took the baby to the nursery so mommy gets some sleep. I cannot lie down there for long. In couple of hours, I climbed out of the bed and walked to the nursery which was a few rooms away. There in the crib, was my bundle of Joy disguised as a Boy. Stood there silently for quite sometime beside my little one. He was fast asleep with such confidence and peace even though he knew nothing about this whole wide world. If only he could retain that confidence and trust in himself even after he learns about the world.. I wish my baby does.

It occured to me, this little life is going to see the world with my help.. I felt so connected to him already.

Now at times, I replay that very moment and every time the AHA is just there!

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Unexpected moment.. I wish it never happened.. I feel the knot in the stomach.. I go numb and I grow numb.. Sometimes the replay kills me. Sometimes it goes unfelt... This minute, it killed me.. What more can I say..

The Aftermath left me even more confident and strong. So can I say it all happened for good?! NEVER.

Why me?! Where was God? Whose fault? Questions remain questions. But I learnt NOT to seek answers. For there may be none.

Anyhow, Thanks for letting me pour IyerViji.

With heavy heart and damp eyes..
    Signing off.

5. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

viji aunty,.... the aha moment in my life are many.... for instance.... my first day of college... i went on the second day and saw that many are already friends and are sitting together... i had already been ragged so just went and sat besides two girls in the third bench.... those two were talking and commenting without including me and i felt bad... eventhough they knew each other from yesterday they could have included me.... the next day i sat in the first bench..

For a week i noticed, that those two girls came to the same busstop as mine, and we ended up walking together .... only that only i got to know that they were friends from school and they knew eachother from 6 years.... when i told them the reason why i shifted my place they started laughing... that broke the ice and all three of us are friends till today.... They are my best friends from college....

unexpected moment... they are many again,,, even yesterday was one such.. which ended in me crying for two hours... but i dont want to refresh that feeling....

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Yamini

Thanks for the first fb and good to know the experience you had in the college. College days are really good but I did not have the opportunity to study in college. Godo to know you spoke well and got applause from everyone. So now you must be a good speaker

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear MS

Holding the child in the arms is really a great experience and aha moment too. Good to hear aboutthe experience of your first delivery and the happiness you got when you held your baby int he arms. Its really a great experience for every mother , though they have to go through the pain but after seeing the cute baby all thepain vanishes and we are in a different world altogether. Allthe best for your child to fufill all your dreams

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear MS

Thanks for your fb and sorry to hear about your unexpected moment. Hope God gives you courage to face it. I am with you.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sandhya

Thanks for your fb. Good to know about your first day college experience. Good that those same girls have become friends for every and still you are in touch with them

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends

My aha moments are many.I thought I will tell about them one by one everyday.

My next aha moment was since my Dad lost his hotel for some days we could not go to school . We were at home only. That time one aunty spoke to the school authorities and got free admission for myself and my sister . I always remember that aunty and I also try to help people when they are in need. Because of her we got good education and whatever I am today the credit goes to that aunty.