1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ageing of the Mind – Ladies, This Time It’s A Warning Bell!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jan 9, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha,

Please bear with me for the delay in responding to your post. I am amazed at your versatile abilities. To keep your mind healthy and strong keep solving some puzzles every day. It could be crosswords, sudoku or any brain teaser.

You have raised a very valid point here. Yes, you are right. I am not able to enjoy the new songs, except a very few. And the dances, my God! to call them dancing is blaspheming our great dancers.

Learning to operate a cell-phone and being able to listen to a particular music are not the same thing. With the cell phone it is just a skill to operate a new gadget. It involves technology and does not have any emotional content. But a song involves only emotions. And if your tastes are different, don't force yourself to listen to the trash that comes under the name of film songs.

It is just a question of taste and has nothing to do with ageing. So you are on the right track. Don't worry.

regards,

2. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir, Thank you very much for your opinion. I too feel the same when i see the dances in the movies. I sometimes get very angry with the females who come forward to dance like that for the sake of money. Just can't take it.

3. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Yes as i started reding your thread the first name that flashed was of Ayan Rand. vaikom Basheer was worse than her. Mental sickness is the forte of writres artists and scientists. In what way was Piccasso different from these peopl. My daughter says it could be some convolution problem in their brain.

I was told by a well informed person that certain brain cells tends to die premature.
    Whatsoever it is a sad affair.

We have a family friend. He would tell us that "Wewill leave the house around 5.03p.m and we should be at ur place around 5.21p.m."

Anither joke about that gentleman- When should I off the cooker. In case we say see that you off the gas stove after 3or 4 whistles,. immediately he would say"Tell me exactly when should I off the gas after the 3rd whistle. Can I stop the flame soon after the 3 whistle and just before the 4th one.
    Another joke- He will ask "is it ok if I pour 31/2 spoons of water?
    Basically he is a very nice person and clever. But he seems to have sch :hatsoffeccentric behaviour.
    Generally people who have studied physics tend to have such deviant behaviour. My observation and experience. kanaka

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Will you be my Valentine?

Varalotti has the audacity to pose this question to the 15000 plus ILites. And he is down right foolish to ask this question knowing very well that his wife is one among that 15000 plus.

But he has nevertheless asked. How are you going to respond, ladies?

Click the question below my signature to read more.
    love,