1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Age is no bar

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Jul 1, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    I think to enjoy life age does not matter.As long as you take genuine interest in whatever you do things work out fine.I have come across who had lived and are still living with genuine and renewed interest.One is my late father who was ever energetic and even worked till the day he died.He was very very positive annd I have heard utter anything negative sofar.He enjoyed eachday.The second person was my husband's grandmother.She was very bubbly and always enthu.Istill remember those occasions when she stayed withus(my husband was her pet grandson)She used tosing lullabies to my daughter and has treated us with tradional dishes.The third person is my mother in law.Even at the age of 75 is up andabout and is helping my children out while I am here in Abudhabi.Even the simplest things like cutting vegetables ,drawing kolams etc.,look perfect when she does it.My friends in my block know when a kolam is put by because it would score a perfect 10unlike mine which looks an India map!!!!!!!!!! The 4th person is our very own MADAM CHITVISH.I was amazed when I met her at the meet.What a perfectionist she is.She was perfect host,taking care of all the simple needs.Her puja room was verybeautiful.I must add one more thing at this juncture.Her recipes have been tried by me for the past few days,like magalore rasam,kalayana rasam,carrot poricha kuzumbu.Myhusband reallyenjoyed it.My old cookery books have taken a backseat.From now I have decide to try more of Chitvish,s recipes.KUDOS TO CHITVISH.Age is no bar.These people have really taught me what living is....................................Thank youfor patient reading

2. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,

I totally agree with all that you have written, Age no bar and about chitvish.

There is a thread in honour of chitvish, please do post there.

My granny was like a buddy to me. I used to fight with her while playing games like pallamkuzhi, dhayakattam etc, as if she was my age.

The habit of serving food in our hands ( kaila saadham podarathu), is an unforgettable experience.

regards latha:wave

3. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi friends,

The mind is a barometer of age, not the physical body or the years that one has lived. Think young, feel young and you will be young. Anyone who has a zest for living, for learning, coupled with a positive spirit will be young always.

Let us appreciate and applaud the spirit of Pushpavalli Ma'am, Chitra Ma'am and all those Senior's amoung us who went all out to pick up computer skills and are making a positive difference in our lives.

My mother who is in her mid 60's and who got married after having finished her standard 10 school exam's is also cyber active.

Regards,
    Nivedi

2 people like this.
  4. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

hello friends,
    age certainly is no bar.. how else can we explain Mr.Vajpayee's PMship!
    my mother is also an example of someone who is old in body but extremely young in spirit.. At 72 she runs a school, does a lot of social work, writes,reads,attends meetings of the many societies she is a member of and also takes care of my kids when needed! She truly inspires me..

5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi kanaka

nicely said:2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  6. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Good Post. Age is no bar and should not be for anyone.

Madhu

7. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear All,
    i too strongly feel that age is no bar to learning new things or for starting new activities. In fact if we keep our mind active there will be no time to tnink about ourselves and age. Age is what you feel.People like our Chi vish show us how small the day is and at every dawn they find newer and newer activities to keep them pleasurably engaged. In fact as you learn more and more you find that you know less and less, so gross is creation! Dear Kanaka,
    A very interesting thread which sparked off my train of thoughts!
    Regards,
    meenu