Age and fertility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by hippo, Aug 27, 2007.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: Later pregnancy

Dear Sindhu

Agree with Vanathi...what matters here the most is your age.You are 28 now.But that does not mean you have to rush.You are just married.Eventhough it is a love marriage,you will still need some time to get to know your husband completely and he too needs some time to nurture this relationship.You are now planning to wait for another 4 months,you can afford to wait even for a yr . After that plan your pregnancy.Fertility does decrease with age and the complications with later pregnancy (above the age of 30)are always greater. Although many have non-complicated pregnancies at later ages,there are a sizeable number of women who face fertility issues because of this.We can see it from this forum itself.

Don't worry about getting pregnant and going thru' the pregnancy..almost all women have these fears..yet we go thru' it and come out successful. Don't think about it so much in advance..when it happens,you will have the confidence to handle it:thumbsup

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Re: Did you have a successful and smooth pregnancy after 35??

Dear Tweenie

I had my 3rd baby at the age of 36 and a normal one. I had my first baby at the age of 32 yrs 9 mths , second at 34yrs 6 mths and third at 36 yrs. I was not overweightand i idd not have blood pressure or diabities. My baby was 6 lbs.

viji

3. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi tweenie....

I am 36 years old, and pregnant 28 weeks now with my first baby. Luckily I never had any health issues and I was average girl. I am 28 weeks pregnant and so far my pregnancy is going good without any complication (touchwood). But my doctor did send me for CVS test, which is not a very hard test, its basically a genetic test. There are lots of women who are advanced age and have a healthy baby. So no need to worry about the age. I will suggest you if you are planing to have the baby do not waste more time, keep excericsing regularly and eat healthy. Consult your doctor and start taking pre natal vitamins. I started taking pre natal vitamins 6 months early before I got pregnant. So, do not fear. Good luck.

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I turned 30 2 months ago and yet to be pregnant. I wanted to know from the members here who were over 30 when they conceived ,what all precautions to take. I live in US. I also have a irregular periods pattern.

5. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Age limit for conceiving ?

Hi ladies,

My cousin sister is 36+ yrs. old & mother to a cute 7 yr. old. She now is wanting to have another baby, but worried about her health 'cos she had a tough pregnancy the first time. With no family support at all and stressful time ; so high BP with observation during final weeks. Then even after repeated inducing, didn't dilate even 1 cm. !! Due to tension, poor thing. So HAD to do a caesarean !

Her hubby doesn't want to risk another pregnancy ; he worries 'cos she is quite overweight & mentally not strong -- he doesn't want her to struggle like first time -- emotionally ! But she has already started living healthier & begun losing weight .
    Her concerns now are is she 'too old' to get conceived. Also, will the baby be born healthy without any prob. due to her age !

Kindly advise ladies.

6. amrita.sinha

amrita.sinha Senior IL'ite

Re: Age limit for conceiving ?

Hi,

Sure there is age limit of 35 for conceiving.But no need to worry as many Career-oriented women are doing late.
    You take care of health and diet.Its the job of doctor.They will take care of that.God will help you.Have faith.

7. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Re: Age limit for conceiving ?

Thanks for the response Amrita.